Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Watery discharge from ear - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   I have a ear problem
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help youi
User :   some time some liquid comes from my ear
Doctor :   How long is this, How much ? which ear?
User :   sine few months..
User :   I feel irritation in the ear.. and if I put the ear bud... feel better but after some time some liquidish comes.. If I leave it like that only than it dries up and becomes powdery..
Doctor :   What is the color of the liquid and the consistency of it?
Doctor :   Which ear?
User :   either of the ear.. it is like water only..
User :   it comes very little..
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
Doctor :   Do yoiu have pain or problem in hearing?
User :   Age - 30, Male, working, Married, 65Kgs, 165cm, no
Doctor :   Do yoiu have pain or problem in hearing?
User :   I dont hav any problem in hearing.. I dont hav pain... but have a lot of irritation and feel like putting something in the ear
Doctor :   When was the last time you had ENT examination
Doctor :   and got the wax removed
Doctor :   DO you plug ears while you take bath?
User :   plig ears while bathing means ?
Doctor :   close the ears wiht cotton
Doctor :   while bathing
User :   no.. I dont plug.. and I do keep removing the wax my self regularly
Doctor :   That might be the reason of an infection
Doctor :   One should take care not water to enter
Doctor :   and one should never poke the ear
Doctor :   to clean
User :   but imidiately after the bath I use the buds to clean the ear...
Doctor :   The ear buds should not enter the inner parts of the ear canal
Doctor :   That is not the hygienic way
Doctor :   The most common way of getting infected
Doctor :   I would suggest to get a physical examination done by an ENT
Doctor :   since it is been very long
Doctor :   too
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Pl confirm the details
User :   ok.. anything. else I can do ?
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   Dont do anything else
Doctor :   otherwise it creates more problems
Doctor :   dont poke in
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor