Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Warts like growth on the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I'm a 50 yo male and just noticed what appears to be a wart on my penis...Suggestions?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
User :   rather embarassing situation
Doctor :   Can you please take a photograph and send me?
User :   don't have a camera
Doctor :   How does it appear, can you please describe it the location also?
User :   is it possible to us an over the counter product
User :   it is on the foreskin of the bottom part of my penis....never had anything like it
User :   and of course, my dr is a female
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   i am....
Doctor :   Do you have a single partner or multiple?
User :   single
User :   it does look like a little cauliflower head
Doctor :   How large is it?
User :   a little smaller than an eraser on a pencil
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Nilwart can be tried
Doctor :   This should be over the counter
User :   can you use a product which would freeze it
User :   i have dr. scholl's freeze away
Doctor :   I am just worried since it is on genital area if you can use it safely
User :   says the active ingredient is salicylic acid
Doctor :   Otherwise other areas you can use over the counters with Salicyclic acide
User :   if i went to the dr what would they do
Doctor :   In fact three ways
Doctor :   Cantharidin
Doctor :   Liquid nitrogen
Doctor :   Salicyclic acid is relatively safe and can be used OTC on other areas other than genitals
User :   would it be removed immediately if they did that
Doctor :   yes
User :   i guess that is what i will do....thank you very much for your help
Doctor :   How long it is been there?
User :   probably three weeks
User :   it is just in this one spot
Doctor :   Often warts disappear on their own
Doctor :   If you have only one, the first thing is to wait
User :   will it come back?
Doctor :   let it disappear
Doctor :   on its own
User : think it will?
Doctor :   Most do
User :   ok
User :   thank you very much
Doctor :   Thank you
Doctor :   Pleasure here
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   embarassing here
Doctor :   It is cosmetically embarassing
Doctor :   I agree
User :   thanks
Doctor :   But 90% of women and men have them
Doctor :   at some point
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor