Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Vitamin C tablets for swollen gums - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   Dr.XXXXX
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   Gud Afternoon to you Dr. XXXXXXx
User :   I have serious dental problem
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner
User :   My gums are frequently swollen, very painful, they are weak too and hence all my lower teeth are shaking
Doctor :   since when you are having these problems?
Doctor :   do you have frequent gum bleeds?
User :   more than 6 months
User :   yes
User :   had comsulted with a dentist when i went for scaling of my teet
User :   he gave me a liquid to apply on gums
User :   however the same didnt work
Doctor :   ok
User :   i am unable to chew my food properly
User :   one more doctor i had consulted for my gums n loosening of tooth
Doctor :   was any medication prescribed to you?
User :   she adviced me for a surgery
User :   no she also gave me a liquid namely gumex
Doctor :   was x-ray done?
User :   no
Doctor :   I would advise you to consult with your dentist and get an x-ray done
User :   ok fine
Doctor :   why was surgery adviced? what problem did the other dentist find out?
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   Take Tab Vit C for relief of swollen gums
User :   because my teeth were so loose that she adviced me to go for a minor flap surgery
User :   which would enhance the tooth life and avoid from removing it right now.
Doctor :   get a blood work-up done to identify any blood related problems causing the gum swelling.
User :   can u suggest the name of tablet please
Doctor :   it will also help you to avoid surgery if any cause is identified that can be treatable
Doctor :   Tab Celin (Vit C) 500mg daily once a day
User :   ok
Doctor :   you can also consult with our panel specialist for your problem
User :   n blood work-up means blood test right?
Doctor :   before proceeding with surgery for a second opinion
Doctor :   yes
User :   yeah sure
User :   will firstly try consuming this Vitamin C tablet and feel the difference
User :   will also get blood test done
Doctor :   sure
User :   further if no relief then wld surely consult with the specialists
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   Thanks a ton for your advice
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor