Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Viral infection or herpes - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
User :   sir i want to consult a doctor regarding sex problem
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi& good morning
Doctor :   Good morning.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query?
User :   sir i have sores on my penis, which was previously itches
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i have tested VDRL&HIV but found nothing
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this sore?
User :   i have married in lastmonth, & facing problem last 20 days 7 taken all medicine such as a
Doctor :   And on which part of the penis are you having this sore?
User :   azithromicine,orindazole,fiuconzole,cifiine
User :   on the skin & also on the corona
Doctor :   Do you find any visual changes on that regions - changes such as bumps, growth, ulceration, colour changes on that region?
User :   yes, first red oils then white &after some day wound justlike skin cracks
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you burning sensation associated with the soreness?
User :   now sprinkle metandinzole powder
User :   yes
User :   when water touches it
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness such as diabetes, hypertension, anxiety?
Doctor :   Are you on any regular medications.
User :   previouly hypertension for few days & after some rest it was 130/85 consantly for last 6 months
User :   no
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   SItting from this far, without physically examining you, I am unable to predict the exact cause.
Doctor :   However based on your description,
Doctor :   I can think of 2 possible causes.
Doctor :   1. The problem may be related to constant friction which can induce echthyosis changes
Doctor :   2. A viral infection such as Herpes.
User :   what is the tretment?
Doctor :   You need to consult an urologist for physical examination.
Doctor :   A few test such as herpes antibody test or a swab test may be needed
Doctor :   to determine the cause.
Doctor :   Treatment will be based on the results.
User :   consulted & finishes kit1&2 of NACO
Doctor :   If viral infection such as herpes is ruled out,
Doctor :   then use of proper lubrication during sexual intercourse can solve the problem.
User :   is she also need check up?
Doctor :   I would suggest you to get checked first,
Doctor :   and if there are report turn positive, then your partner may also need evaluation.
Doctor :   My opinion is only for purpose of information,
Doctor :   an opinion based on your history.
Doctor :   A clinical examination by a specialist and the tests is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   sir ,what are the tests?
Doctor :   Diagnosis of herpes is basically done by a physical examination and then supplemented by tests.
User :   now for the time being some medication?
Doctor :   Blood samples or swab samples from the lesion is tested for Antiherpes antibodies.
Doctor :   Treatment consists of use of antiviral medications.
User :   is VDRL test is done for that?
Doctor :   And avoiding sexual intercourse during the acute infection.
Doctor :   No VDRL test is done to check for syphillis which is a bacterial infection.
User :   sir i don"t idulge in last 15 days
Doctor :   I suggest that you see an urologist /dermatologist or a doctor as an STD clinic center.
Doctor :   The doctor after physical examination will suggest you the tests,
User :   ok, sir what are sign of curing?
Doctor :   Treatment will be started if there is suspicion of infection.
Doctor :   If herpes is diagnosed, antiviral medication will treat the infection, however
Doctor :   occasionally, it is not possible to completely eradicate the infection.
Doctor :   Antiviral drugs sufficiently reduces the infection to almost 90 - 95%, and allows you to lead a normal life.
Doctor :   So do not worry about it.
User :   is it uncureable?
Doctor :   Get to the doctor, who after evaluation and the test will be able to resolve the issue completely.
Doctor :   I will use a better appropriate term here.
Doctor :   Since I haven't physically examined you, I cannot predict what exactly the cause is,
Doctor :   so i do not wish to comment about the cure.
Doctor :   If herpes/viral infection is proved, the virus some times remains dormant inside the body,
Doctor :   You will be asymptomatic just like a normal person,
User :   ok sir thanks for ur valuable suggestion!
Doctor :   involve in all activities including sexual activity,
Doctor :   So I suggest you not to worry about it.
Doctor :   Consult a doctor, who will be able to guide you through with the evaluation.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   yes
User :   no
User :   thanks & bye
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor