Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Viral fever for both kids, medication going on for three years - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   i am employee of edelweiss
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   Pl proceed with your query
User :   my both kids are not feeling well due to fever and cold and cough
User :   my son is 3.5 yrs old and my daughter is 5 months old
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   It is generally common that a child has a viral fever and the other picks it from the first
Doctor :   Did you see a doctor for this?
User :   yes
User :   we are giving medicine since last three days to both but still fever is there to my son
Doctor :   What medicine and dose?
User :   medicine for him is felxson
User :   3 dose 7.5 ml to him
Doctor :   If you had already given for 3 days with over the counter medication
Doctor :   He needs a stethescope examination
Doctor :   and examination of Ear, nose and throat also
User :   he did the same
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   If so, Flexon itself is not sufficient now
Doctor :   He may need a course of antibiotic
Doctor :   In such a case, a reexamination of the lungs is required
User :   ok
Doctor :   So I better suggest a course of antibiotic for your son and probably a low dose for your daughter
Doctor :   This is the only way to tide away the current episode
Doctor :   I am sure you will have a regular pediatrician
Doctor :   He knows the children better than me, as it is not wise to give away any antibiotic at this tender age
Doctor :   Are you with me?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor