Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Viral fever and dehyderation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hey so i have been feeling dehydrated and have been drinking water straight for 2 days and as soon as i drink water i get a fever then sweat it all out...
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You must be running a viral illness probably.
Doctor :   Can you mention your age?
User :   20
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I suggest that you first take Tab. Tylenol thrice a day for 3 days after food
Doctor :   You should also drink Lemonade or Fruit juices instead of plain water
User :   ok
Doctor :   If not available, you can mix a tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt in a glass of water
User :   is this something that will just pass over time or should i go to my doctor to get meds
Doctor :   Try this for 2 days
User :   ok
Doctor :   If there is no improvement, then you may have to go to your doctor for a physical examination and
User :   awesome i will try that thanks!
Doctor :   may need a blood test
Doctor :   Take a bland diet and take plenty of rest
Doctor :   Tylenol or any Paracetamol tablet will be effective.
Doctor :   You are welcome
User :   ok thankyou
Doctor :   Anything else?
User :   nope thats it
User :   thanks
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor