Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Vasectomy and Infertility - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   Hello. I am in a arelationship with a vasectomized man. I know that vasectomized men have anti-sperm antibodies. I am worried that when we have intercourse, he may be transferring these anti-bodies to me, reducing my fertility. Is this possible?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :  
i will explain
Doctor :  
please provide ur age,
User :   my age. 35 years
User :   my partner had a vasectomy over 20 years ago. he is more than 20 yearss my senior.
Doctor :  
vasectomy is a procedure where the spermatic cord is cut and ligated to stop sperms to come out
Doctor :  
it means that only sperms cannot come out
Doctor :  
it does not produce anti-bodies against the sperms

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor