Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Varicocele Raises testicular temperature, grade 1 - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   How serious is a grade 1 varicocele? I have a few questions around this...
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I
User :   Hi there
Doctor :   May I know you age?
User :   Yes - I'm 35
Doctor :   Varicocele Raises testicular temperature
Doctor :   abd cause Low sperm count
Doctor :   and infertility
User :   my sperm count was 10 mil, but my motility was fine... how serious is grade 1? can that grade cause infertility as well?
Doctor :   plz hold
User :   ok
Doctor :   Grade one means the veins enter into scrotum only during coughing or starining
Doctor :   So they do not remain in scrotum all the time
Doctor :   so they are not harmful in view of fertility
Doctor :   But do you have pain?
User :   that makes sense since my doctor only saw it when I strained for him, so that helps
Doctor :   Right now they are harmless.
Doctor :   But if it gets worse , you need to go for surgery in the best interest to avoid fertility problems
User :   I have a dull ache. I'm not sure if it's just in my head though. I remember first noticing it a few years ago, but I'm more aware of it now since I was told of this. I wonder if the ache is in my head
User :   can the grade1 varicole get worse?
Doctor :   Yes

Doctor :   There is incompetence in the valves of the veins so with time they grow bigger
Doctor :   But right now you don;t need to worry
Doctor :   Does it help?
User :   Very much thank you. Should I consider surgery now, or should I wait? Do you know how long I have until they reach grades 2 or 3?
Doctor :   You can go for Ultrasound examination to see the extent
Doctor :   and then consult the surgery
Doctor :   Right now I dont recomm3end surgery

Doctor :   *recommend
Doctor :   But you can ask ur physican and decide
User :   well, I did the ultrasound already, and my doctor just said that it confirmed. apparently he wants my wife to do a work up first as we are trying to conceive. but with us both being in our thrities now,if there is anything we can do (like surgery) we're not sure we want to be waiting around.
User :   ok
User :   if I did do the surgery eventually, could it return?
Doctor :   Becuase ur semen analysis is normal , i suggest defer surgery and avoid complications from surgery
Doctor :   when it is causing problems then go for the surgery
User :   ah good point
User :   is 10 mil normal for conception? I was told it was on the low side
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   It is more than required
User :   That's great news
User :   Curious... what could be complications of the surgey?
User :   Thanks for your help
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor