Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Vaginal discharge and pain during sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   I have vaginal discharge on and off for about four months
User :   goes away when I have my period
Doctor :  
ok what is yoru age
User :   starts out white and think, then recently turns less thick and a little yellowish
User :   30 years old
User :   hurts to have sex
Doctor :  
User :   It started soon after I started having sex with my boyfriend, after having no sex for 6 months (previously had sex with him though)
User :   doesn't hurt much, unless I touch near or inside my vaginal hole
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
It is purely an infectious cause
User :   ok.........
Doctor :  
you have to get yourself treated properly along with yoru boy friend
Doctor :  
both require the tx
Doctor :  
so please see the doctor
Doctor :  
for the antibiotics
User :   what is tx?
User :   still there/
User :   hello?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
are given for 3 to 5 days
Doctor :  
to both of you
Doctor :  
after the culture
Doctor :  
of the discharge
User :   oh, when you say purely infections, you mean not cancer or something?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
If you do not get treated then there might be more serious complications
User :   what do you mean then?

Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor