Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Vaginal bleeding, swollen, diagnosed with HPV - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   After my boyfriend and i have intercourse i bleed like he ripped me. He is very large for me. But the days following my inner vagina becomes swollen and bleeds a little and burns when i pee. It sometimes even burns when im sitting there what could be the problem? i was diagnosed with HPV not long ago and havent had the insurance to get the biopsy done. could this be related?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   24
Doctor :   Do you find any visible changes such as warts/ulcerations/growths in the vagina/cervix?
Doctor :   Do you have discharge/itching associated with these symptoms?
Doctor :   Do you have abdominal pain/fever associated with the symptoms?
User :   I just had a baby January of 2010
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   I also have an IUD
User :   no discharge or itching or pain or fever
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness apart from the HPV infection?
User :   When i have my period i have a really strong ammonia smell though which is new since i had my daughter
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   You are probably having symptoms of genitourinary infection.
User :   sorry my connection seems to be slow right now
Doctor :   Not a definite HPV infection, however a bacterial or a viral infection.
User :   what is a genitourinary infection?
User :   I do also have hypothyroidism
Doctor :   You may have contacted an infection due to recent sexual activity.
Doctor :   A urine analysis will confirm the nature of infection.
Doctor :   Most often symptoms are self limiting and can be treated easily by drinking plenty of water
Doctor :   and a glass of cranberry juice twice or thrice daily.
Doctor :   However since you have an IUD,
Doctor :   infections can flare up.
User :   I have only had 1 partner for the last 3 years. could something have just barely surfaced?
Doctor :   Hence my suggestion is that you consult a gynecologist
Doctor :   who will perform physical examination, urine test and prescribe you appropriate antibiotics.
User :   Thats what i thought i will have to make an appt with my gynecologist. this seems to be pretty severe ive never had anything like this happen to me ever
Doctor :   No need to worry.
Doctor :   Drink plenty of water.
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor