Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Vaccinations required while visiting china - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 680 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I'm going to be visiting Luoyang, China in a month and I had a question about vaccinations
User :   Do you know anything about travel medicine?
Doctor :   ok
User :   I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the vaccination for Japanese Encephalitis
Doctor :   can i know from which country you belong and your age, gender
User :   I'm from the United States, 22, Male
User :   I'm going to be living in China for a year to teach english
Doctor :   Japanese enchephalitis vaccine is required if you are visiting rural areas
User :   What is defined as rural?
User :   I'm going to be living in Luoyang.
Doctor :   menas villages.
Doctor :   or rural farminag areas
User :   menas?
Doctor :   you need other vaccines like Typhoid, hepatitis A vaaines and malarial prophylaxis
User :   Would you recommend me getting a vaccination for Jap Enceph. when I get to China?

Doctor :   vaccines need to be taken under supervision of a doctor
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor