Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Uterus removal procedure - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   I am almost 52 years old and still having my period. My periods are very heavy, was diagnosed with uterine fibroids years ago, but I do not have health insurance. This is interfering in my life...I cannot get a job until this stops. What are my options?
Doctor :   Hello.
User :   hello
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms?
User :   severe cramps, anemia
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   How big is the fibroid? single or multiple?
User :   they are not huge, I think there were a couple
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i just had a uterine biopsy, that was negative
Doctor :   Did you consult your gynecologist on this regard?
User :   of problem is that I do not have insurance
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   in this country, there don't seem to be options...i'm wondering if i went out of the country to have some sort of surgery performed, is this my only option
User :   but at my age, shouldn't these periods be stoppin?
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   stopping
Doctor :   Menstrual disturbance is due to fibroid.
User :   i have had bad periods my whole life...even before the fibroid
User :   what r my options
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You can go for surgical removal.
Doctor :   Treatment also depend on the size.
Doctor :   Uterine artery embolization
User :   I know all that...but I don't have insurance...what can I do without insurance? what country could I go to to be safe and get this done?
Doctor :   Did you ask about Medication ?
User :   in this country it costs over XXXXXX just for the hospital fee and not even the surgery
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Which country?
User :   USA!!!!!
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   You can try other country where the cost of the surgery is less.
Doctor :   You can also go for non- invasive techniques.
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor