Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Urinary tract infection with vaginitis in children - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

User :   hello
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can i help you?
User :   shoot I can't pay this but i have a important question
User :   its for my kids
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Please proceed with your Query
User :   my four year old daughter and 9 yr old is having alot of vaginal problems
Doctor :  
User :   itching, redness, burning when going to the bathroom
Doctor :   ok

User :   it is persistant... and monastate is not helping
User :   how common is it for kids to get yeast infections..or could it be something else
Doctor :   ok

Doctor :  
it is uncommon in the children to have an infection in the vagina
User :   one is getting treated with sulfamethoxazole
User :   but she says that it is still burning bad when she goes to the bathroom
User :   and we still don't know if it is actually a URI
User :   but its not a bladder infection
Doctor :  
it is urinary tract infection with vaginitis
Doctor :  
needs an urine culture and sensitivity test
Doctor :  
and also i suggest you to get an microscopic examination of vaginal swab so that the causative agent is confirmed

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor