Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Urinary infection, fever, high pus cell - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   My wife is having fever and after a urine examination, it was found that there are very high puss cells. Incidentally her urine outflow is high and her intake of water is also good.
What is the reasons and treatment
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   This might be urinary infection
Doctor :   May i know her age?
User :   Her age is 38 years
Doctor :   Is she having abdominal pain or burning pain during micturition?
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes
Doctor :   First you can try taking 10-15 glasses of water everyday
Doctor :   That will reduce the pain and number of pus cells

Doctor :   Did you meet a doctor?
User :   Is norflox 400 the medicine taken for the infection
Doctor :   Is she taking any tablets now?
Doctor :   Yes Norflox is the antibiotic
User :   Yes, she took Norflox 400 and is meeting the doctor today
Doctor :   Usually prescribed
User :   How many days does it take to subside
Doctor :   But i would advise you to do an urine culture and sensitivity
Doctor :   before starting antiniotics
Doctor :   antibiotics
User :   Yes urine is already given for culture but it takes 2 days
Doctor :   because some infection cannot be contolled by norflox alone
Doctor :   ok good
Doctor :   Urinary infection subsides in 5-7 days time
Doctor :   If on proper treatment
User :   In the end could you let me know the possible course of remedies
Doctor :   You can try urinary alkalaniser like
Doctor :   citralka with water
Doctor :   yes

Doctor :   The main treatment is to increase water intake first
Doctor :   then comes the antibiotics
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor