Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Unprotected oral sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   i had unprotected oral sex with someone can i get infected with HIV?
Doctor :   Please provide these details of the person-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status:
Doctor :   HIV will not be transferred through oral sex
User :   28 , male ,
User :   how can i do a HIV test?
Doctor :   Are you married?

Doctor :   HIV will be transferred through body secretions
User :   no

Doctor :   Yes you can get HIV test done
Doctor :   But HIV infection to appear may take from 10 days to 10 years to appear after exposure
Doctor :   When you had the oral sex and with whom
User :   i feel very ashamed to go to a hospital and ask for a HIV test? is there any other name for HIV test

Doctor :   This is nothing to feel ashamed of it

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor