Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Unprotected intercourse,Query on HIV tests - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr xxxx here
User :   are u from india doctor ?
Doctor :   Yes, Please proceed with your health query
User :   sir i am 22 yr student i done 1 mistake i my life 1 month back i dont remember time but may be between 25-30th may i had sex with a prostitute . i had applied 2 condoms on my penis but when i ejaculated i seen it was broken
User :   i was very tensed at that time so i asked that lady whether i will get any disease or any prob.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   she said " no she said " i am not sick " so dont worry " and dont think of this all the time this thing happens . again i asked her and she replied same " i am not sick and i dont have any disease "
Doctor :   I uderstand please complete your query
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i shared this problem with my best frnd who also used 2 visit there
Doctor :   Ok
User :   both of us were tensed so we visited appolo XXXXXXXX clinic ngo and told them about this
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   ok
User :   so they said get check so on 14th july 2010 we got checked and result came negative
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but they said if u have done in may month then u have to wait 3 months atleast to get 1005 result
User :   100%*
Doctor :   Ok
User :   now the thing is that i m in full depression and dont know wht to do i promised my self i wont go der anymore
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i asked tht prostitute again about this she said she do check up every 15days her last checkup was on 3rd july and now will on 17th july 2010
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i asked her what she does in check as she will quite illiterate she said doctor checks for blood and some other stuffs when i asked her for hiv test she was unknown of it
Doctor :   Ok
User :   so i asked her manager he said " dont worry ur 100% fine and ur result will be negative " we are not here to fool people or ruin any 1 life "
Doctor :   Ok
User :   now doctor plzz help me out of this situation this is my story plzz look in this matter with ease and care and as im in full depression
Doctor :   May i know the fact bothering you the most,
User :   if the result come positive and what are the possibilities of getting postive
Doctor :   may i know name of the test you underwent
User :   hiv 1 and 2 antibodies
Doctor :   it is called Tri dot or spot test which is less sensitive which requires of minimum of 6 months to get positive if infected
Doctor :   even if it comes positive it shuld be confirmed by another special test called ELISA
User :   see doctor ur helping me gratefully i am not disturbing u by asking foolish questions
Doctor :   If you are curious to know your HIV status soon , then i would suggest to undergo a test called P24 ANTIGEN assay which is more sensitive and can expect results within 1 month of getting infected
Doctor :   No, its my duty , you are not distubing me , please proceed
Doctor :   Is there anythin i can help you with ?
User :   i wanted to ask u as my result came negative after the incident ( incident on 25-30th may 2010 ) and i done check up of hiv on 14th july 2010 and it came negative from this what will be ur conclusion should i go for p24 antigen test
Doctor :   its advisable to go for it
User :   but doctor 1 month have passed will it give accurate result as the doctor at the clinic told tht only after 3 months u can get accurate result
Doctor :   The test you underwent is only 70% accurate after one month
Doctor :   But P24 antigen is more than 90% accurate after one month
Doctor :   hence i would suggest you to go for P24 test for better results
User :   ok i will see for this now doctor just tell me see im very depressed and now you know my full story what are my chances after test
User :   i am asking you this as many quation in my mind comes
Doctor :   Since the womens status is not known , i could not clearly comment on it
User :   where i went it was not a cheap brothel and she was looking healthly + she said she is not sick atall and get check every 15 days and i visted her on 15th of jlu but did not had sex i just again confirmed her about her test and all
Doctor :   This also cannot rule out her being negative , hence i would suggest you to go for the test and confirm your status
User :   where i get this test in mumbai ??P24 test what will be the fees ?
Doctor :   It is done in most of the reputed labs , it may cost you around 2000 rs
User :   even this test gives 90% result will this will not put me in tension i am very satisfied with ur answer ur a very nice doctor and thanks for helping many people can u suggest me any lab in mumbai where i can get this test done and in what time we get rsult ?
Doctor :   the result will be given within 3 days, i wud suggest you to contact SRL Ranbaxy labs or Thyrocare labs
User :   ok thank you doctor i hope i do this test and get 1005 negative rsult and now tell me something so that i will be calm about my result as u know my entire story
User :   100%
Doctor :   P24 test is more sensitive test for HIV , It is the best test to know your status, you can go for it
Doctor :   Since you dont know her status then chances of you becoming positive is 50% hence rule the other 50% by getting the test done
User :   yes thats true thanks doctor im now ending my chat just tell me if i want to talk to u only so what i want to do?
Doctor :   Thank You for consulting health care magic
Doctor :   You can go through our web site , we also provide services where you will get a cal and answers to your health query
User :   thankyou tc bye bye
Doctor :   Ok bye
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor