Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Under dialysis, uncontrolled sugar level, asked to shift to CCU - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
User :   my mother is under dialysis but now is un concious which is the best hospital to be treated right now she is in billroth for 15 days cared by dr. she was treated with steriods by dr. XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX in i want best treatment and recovery she is suffering by this illness for last 7 months please give me immediate answer i have been asked to shift my mother to ccu my mobile 0000 0000 0000                                                             
Doctor :   hi.
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. Let me read what you have typed
Doctor :   what is the diagnosis made by her treating doctors?
Doctor :   what was the cause for her to have dialysis?i mean to ask what was the precipitating cause for kidneys to fail?
Doctor :   please provide her details of past medical illness and treatment.
Doctor :   please provide your location details. I will try t help with finding a suitable hospital to shift your mother.
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   doctor first analysed that she had pnemonia but she is cleared by that problem she diabetic she fever with chill she is in
Doctor :   so her kidney failure was due to diabetic nephropathy?
Doctor :   was her sugar levels under control? was she regular with medications and follow up?
User :   yes. she was given highdose of Nexito. so there was tare in the kidney. which was the diagnostic of doctor after the biopsy on feb-2-10. she was treated with steriods. Now she is critical in last 15 days. Now we are in
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   visit this link to locate multispeciality hospital in
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   this link to locate cardiac hospital in
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   her sugar level was more than 500 one month back. right now she is under the control. her bp is 150/90. She has gone into depression as per the doctor diagnosis. sodium level is down. creatine is 2.6. she undergone 4 dialysis. now she has been advised to shift to CCU. We want to change the hospital under the best doctor. Pls. advice
Doctor :   visit this link to locate nephrology hospital in
Doctor :   her main problem is her uncontrolled sugar levels
User :   we need ur suggestion about the best doctor in
User :   yes.
Doctor :   consult a diabetologist along with a kidney specialist (nephrologist) for her current condition
User :   Any particular doctor in
Doctor :   you can take her to hospital, and admit under nephrology doctors there.
Doctor :   I am located in , hence I would not be able to give any personal references for doctors in
User :   Shall I take back to Dr. who has treated my mother for last 3 months
Doctor :   i guess it would be better to have a consultation from her previous doctor, but since the doctors ahve asked to shift her to CCU,
Doctor :   do not delay with anything
User :   Any doctor in - Nephrologist is online.
Doctor :   take her to hospital
Doctor :   with a letter from present treating doctor
Doctor :   to get her admitted to CCU
Doctor :   let her condition get stable
Doctor :   and then proceed with further decision of whom to contact
Doctor :   for further treatment of kidney function, and depression
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor