Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Uncontrolled diabetics - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 675 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   hello sir
User :   good evening
Doctor :   Good Evening
User :   Sir i am a diabetic
Doctor :   Good Evening

Doctor :   ok.
User :   in the past 1 month
Doctor :   How long have you been diabetic ?
User :   my sugars are not controlled
User :   Diabetic since 2005
Doctor :   ok

User :   Now .... for the past 1 month..... I am having some infection at the tip of my penis.......... i am not circumcized

Doctor :   Have you seen a physician or diabetologist for this ?

Doctor :   What's your age , occupation

User :   not recently..........but last year, when i got this infection for the first time, my doctor gave me some clotrimazole cream
Doctor :   ok
User :   I am 33, IT

Doctor :   Ok
User :   now.... even if I am using this cream..........the infection keeps coming one after another

Doctor :   O
Doctor :   are you married
User :   yes

Doctor :   What is the infection like
Doctor :   any discharge
User :   at the circumference of skin ....there is some bruises also

User : discharge
Doctor :   Do you have itching
Doctor :   Do you have redness?
User :   no redness
User :   just a mild itch
User :   but once I wash it with soap and water and moves to and fro motion with hand.......all this infection coating goes off
User :   hello sir
User :   helllo ...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you feel dryness
User :   no
Doctor :   over the skin
Doctor :   are you participating in sex
Doctor :   Do ou have any burning urine sensation
User :   yeah ...........had sex using condoms.... no burning urine
Doctor :   I think you better get a physical examination by a doctor
Doctor :   as you are diabetic too
Doctor :   this can be due to uncontrolled sugar level also
Doctor :   OK
User :   ok.......... earlier doctor said this is some yeast infection or so and this also indicates uncontrolled sugars

Doctor :   You need a correct antibiotic therapy as you may become
Doctor :   resistant to the medicine if not treated properly
User :   ohhhhh

Doctor :   This is probably a candidal infection which is common in diabetics
Doctor :   So please dont use the same medicine which is given for the same disese previously
User :   ohhh.......... i never thought its so severe

Doctor :   Never take the pharmacy medication yourself
Doctor :   by asking quacks or pharmacist
Doctor :   I dont say it is sever
Doctor :   but it may lead to
User :   Shall i consult a urologist??
Doctor :   if not treated
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   timely
Doctor :   You can consult any dermatologist or a General physician
Doctor :   Why to go for super specialsit even for the common infections
Doctor :   and waste mone
Doctor :   money
Doctor :   OK
User :   ok ...........sure...........
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor