Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Unable to walk due to severe back pain. Suggest the remedy - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 29-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
User:I am XXXX here
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I have severe back pain from past 2 to 3 months.........When to hospital,
User:doctor advised me to do looking thru the scan doctor confirm my bones are week
User:he advised me to take some vitemin medicines and also advised to do physiotheraphy
User:I did physiotheraphy just one day
User:I thought it is because of Catch at my back and i took an injection from general physician
User:Now I have severe pain..........i am not able to walk comfortable......Pain has increased highly
Doctor:When did you take the injection?
Doctor:and how long ago was the scan done?
User:should i continue with physiotheraphy as advised for two weeks and then see the doctor...........or should i see the doctor imediatley
User:2 or 3 weeks back
Doctor:Please confirm what was done 2-3 weeks back - scan or the infection?
User:u there
User:scan earlier and injection yesterday
Doctor:Since when are you feeling the severe pain?
Doctor:Is it from yesterday or since few hours?
Doctor:How did you feel after the injection? Was the pain better?
Doctor:* I mean if the pain was better yesterday after injection?
User:it was like earlier pain..........I thought after i take rest it should be i took the injection at 8.30PM
Doctor:Ok, betwen 8:30 yesterday and the morning did you perform any strenuous activities?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:no i didnt
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Back pain has plenty of causes.
Doctor:In women, especially after 40 years of age (I am sorry, I did not ask your age)
User:32 yrs
Doctor:the bones become weak.
Doctor:In women, if there are other factors such as vitamin D deficiency, calcium deficiency or due to excess weight
Doctor:bones under go degeneration and weakness
Doctor:resulting chronic back ache.
Doctor:Now, if scans done revealed degeneration, then
Doctor:it is evident that you have a weak spine.
Doctor:This problem can be slightly corrected with calcium and vitamin supplements.
Doctor:However at times when there are strenuous activities, pain can flare up.
Doctor:Now since you have not had any strenuous activites
Doctor:the back ache may be related to other causes.
Doctor:Pelvic problems and renal stones are the next common cause of back pain which needs to be ruled out.
Doctor:And for your information, injections given for pain does not cause back ache.
Doctor:Now since the pain has flared up,
Doctor:I suggest you to visit back the doctor.
User:Pelvic problems and renal stones can you breif me on it
Doctor:He/she should examine you again if needed will order tests
Doctor:to rule out acute exacerabation of previous back problem and
Doctor:the renal stone/pelvic problem which I was talking about earlier.
Doctor:Renal stone is simple term is a stone in the kidney, bladder or ureter.
Doctor:Pelvic problems such as cyst, fibroids or others can present as back pain.
Doctor:This pain is not due to the injection which you had yesterday.
Doctor:So go back to your doctor before continuing physiotherapy.
Doctor:He/she will give you further information after clinical examination and tests.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:will consult the doctor
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:thank you'
Doctor:you can try warm compressess and topical pain balms
Doctor:until you XXXXXXX the doctor.
Doctor:It will reduce the pain.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor