Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Unable breathe through nose for some time while sleeping - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 15-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
Doctor:Please proceed with your question
User:I have problem with the breathing for the past 3 to 4 months i wanted to know why?
Doctor:Okay, can you please elaborate on that so that I can understand your problem better?
Doctor:What do you mean by problem with breathing?
User:See when i sleep i am unable to breath with the nose, it gets blocked and will be unable to breath, that time i need either vicks or some kind relief things, it will last for around 30 minutes where i nedd to breath through my mouth.
Doctor:anything else?
User:Even some times i feel i am tired.
Doctor:any headache?
User:Some times
Doctor:do you have any discharge from the nose?
User:discharge in the sense?
Doctor:Any mucus from the nose?
Doctor:the greenish semi solid thick liquid coming from the nose?
User:no. once it gets blocked i either need to clean it with hot water or i need to go for steaming
User:What is solution for this? How can come out of it?
Doctor:From your description, I suspect you maybe suffering from temporary nasal congestion when you lay down to sleep
Doctor:another reason could be chronic infection of the sinuses
Doctor:you can continue to do the steam inhalation
Doctor:and you can use nasal saline drops
User:Should i need to contact any of the Cardiologist or any physicians?
Doctor:But I would suggest you to kindly consult an ENT doctor
Doctor:ENT doctor is better
Doctor:you should get yourself examined by an ENT doctor, and if needed the ENT doctor may ask you to get one X-ray of the nose
Doctor:Once we find out the exact cause we can decide on the treatment part
Doctor:So please do consult an ENT specialist and get yourself examined
Doctor:is there anything else I can help you with?
User:Ok, but it will be more only when i either smoke or drink.
Doctor:Then please do stop smoking
Doctor:and drinking
Doctor:and do consult an ENT doctor at the earliest
User:Ok fine. thank you sir.......
Doctor:Welcome back
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor