Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

UTI with swollen clitoris - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXX here
Doctor :   How may i help you
User :   hello i recently had a urine infection and i was prescribed ciprol but now i the clit hood is irritated anditchy and my my right clit lip is swollen its bigger than the other 1 and i dnt know wats wrong
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   since how many days are you on antibiotics
Doctor :   The antibiotics do take 5 days to yield results
User :   i have a doctor appointment but its not till next week, i was on it for 7 days and i jus got off it like 3 days ago
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Its specifies the infection is nto controlled you will need higher antibiotics
User :   but are those symptoms normal for a bladder infection,
Doctor :   Did you refrain from sex during the course
Doctor :   No
User :   one lip is bigger than the other
Doctor :   They are not related to bladder infection
Doctor :   Signifies infection of clitoris or trauma
Doctor :   Your age?
User :   oh so the gyno would have to look at it
User :   im 21
Doctor :   Yes you should be examined by gynecologist
Doctor :   Are you sexually active
User :   no not now havent had sex in a while
Doctor :   Ok that will do and refrain till symptoms are regressed
Doctor :   One more thing i can suggest you have plenty water 3 litres aday
Doctor :   With tender cocunut if available just to alkanize the urine releiving you from symptoms
User :   but i got tested by primary doctor for stds and stuff and everything was fine so idk wats wrong how could the clit get infected
Doctor :   Do you use tampoons?
User :   yea
Doctor :   Then thats the most possible cause for infection
Doctor :   Plz do stop using for a while and sift to sanitary pads
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   They tend to cause infection because the collection of blleding is absorbed and acts as a good culture for microorganisms
User :   so swollen clit is usually an infection
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   Or rare cases due to trauma but you are refrained from sex so the most possible cause is infection
Doctor :   And mostly an bacteril infection which requires immidiete medical attention
User :   oh ok but he has no appointments
Doctor :   And be cautious nto to use tampoons further , they will flare up the infection
Doctor :   Get it ASAP
User :   oh ok thank you for all your help
User :   i cant go to medical urgent care
User :   it has to bea gyno
Doctor :   oK
Doctor :   But keep the region hygenic
User :   because they are open all the time
User :   wat is that
Doctor :   And meet the gynecologist asap you get an appiontment
Doctor :   Dont possibilities
Doctor :   Dont postpone it
User :   oh ok so should i jus wait or see both
Doctor :   Keep them clean wipe it thrice a day with antiseptic solution ( diluted)
User :   wat is that
Doctor :   Dettol / savlon
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   Antiseptic Soultions controls infection
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   oh ok well thank you again
User :   nothing else
Doctor :   Wishing you a speedy recovery
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Plz provide your valuable feedback
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor