Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

UTI due to sensitive clitoris and burning during urination - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Hello I am suffering from an over sensitive clitoris. i think it's slightly protuding and swollen maybe. it hurts slightly when I'm urinating. I 've just finished my period and taken out my tampax i feel l little iirration on the inside but show no signs of thruss, no discharge of smell... do you think I have cystisis? it hurts to just be in my knickers
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr here
User :   hello please can you try to help diagnose me
Doctor :   may i know your age please ?
User :   37
Doctor :   and since when you have been feeling it
User :   since yesterday
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   well i think you might be having UTI
User :   explain please
User :   even if it's mainly the outside area that is sensitive
Doctor :   urinary track infection
User :   why that over cysticus
User :   I hope you are diagnosing me from your personal knowledge and not from a template on your screen
User :   why are your responses so delayed?
User :   hello?
User :   Can you please carry on talkign with me as I'm not actually convinced by what you have suggested and need for you to explain a little more your diagnosis
Doctor :   i am here
User :   yup so can you carry on please
User :   ok
Doctor :   dont worry i will answer all your query
User :   good cos I wish to medicate myself correctly as I don't wish for it to progress. I have an IUD you shoul dknow that, but I have experienced far worse cases of BV from that more frequently this is new.
Doctor :   no problem
Doctor :   any burning sensation when you urinate
User :   yes
User :   only slightly though
Doctor :   has the frequency of urinating increased ?
User :   but more than that my clitoris feels swollen and painful just against my pants
User :   i don't think so
Doctor :   but need to get a urine test done
Doctor :   that will help us to diagnose the cause
Doctor :   usually just an antibiotic course is all you need
User :   sure but until i can get to a doctor to do that i can't do anything about discoering if I have UTI and need an anti biotic
User :   do you advise that i take something for cysticus or perhaps rub canistan on the outside of my vagina
Doctor :   you need to increase your water consumption
User :   i will
User :   ?
User :   not cysstitis
Doctor :   it does looks like UTI
User :   and not BV or thrush
Doctor :   a simple urine test is all you need to pinpoint the cause
User :   ok then . thankyou. but for now please advise action for this weekend before my money runs out
Doctor :   dont worry i will call you and answer your query
Doctor :   you will get your money worth of advice
Doctor :   i am sorry for the tech problem
Doctor :   kindly confirm me your cell no
Doctor :   ok you will hear from me in 5 mins
User :   thank you
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   will be calling you up
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor