Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Two month pregnant, dont need child. What should i do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:hi very good morning
Doctor:Is this XXXXX?
User:my self XXXXXXX , i am 31 years old having two is 4 years old and younger one is 1 years old. my wife is 28 years old.
Doctor:Please proceed
User:actuallly my wife is two month pregnent but we dont need this child.. what should i do ..plz suggest
Doctor:sure, I will suggest on this
Doctor:It is very simple
User:actually i was using condom.. but dont know what goes wrong
Doctor:It happens
Doctor:But it can be corrected
User:plz suggest
Doctor:She can go to a gynecologist and ask for medical termination of pregnancy
Doctor:since she is 2 months pregnant, it can be terminated using oral tablets
Doctor:Later on she can opt for Copper T or permanent sterilization
User:can we do that without going to doctors clininc
Doctor:It is not advisable XXXXXXX
Doctor:It does not take much of your time and it is not very costly too
User:ok so i have to consult to doctor
Doctor:It is ideal to be done under a doctor's guidance
User:ok no issue
Doctor:It is good for your wife
Doctor:You can freely talk to the doctor regarding this
Doctor:She should be able to help your wife
User:and what should i do after that..i mean what precaution should we have
Doctor:Are you looking to have a kid in the future?
User:no never coz i am having a two no need for third one
Doctor:Then, your wife can get a tubectomy done, it is a permanent solution to birth control
Doctor:It requires a day of hospitalization
User:is it surgical
Doctor:you need not worry on failure of condoms then
Doctor:Yes, it is a surgical procedure
Doctor:It is usually done after a delivery
Doctor:But can be done anytime later too
Doctor:It is very simple, cost effective
Doctor:Has no complications
User:n what about copper t or injection
Doctor:copper T is temporary method of contraception, it can be used for upto 5 years without any problem
User:is it safe n secure
Doctor:But, the problem is copper T may cause infections in the pelvis, irregular bleeding
Doctor:If you are looking for a baby in future, copper T is the best
Doctor:It is short term contraception
User:n what about injection
Doctor:Injections are quite good but again cause increased weight
Doctor:Hormonal imbalances
User:ok ma'm so what ur suggestion..
User:ok ma'm can u suggest that oral pill which sould se take for termination
Doctor: XXXXXXX in your case, BEST would be to ask your wife to go in for a Tubectomy and you can have a happy sexual life thereafter
Doctor:There are many pills available for termination, they are all prescription drugs
Doctor:They are available only after consulting the doctor and a prescription is written
Doctor:So, please take her to a doctor and get it prescribed
User:ok thanks for guiding me
Doctor:One more thing
Doctor:Please get the medical termination done early
User:yeah sure i m going today itself
Doctor:If it crosses beyond 3 months, surgical intervention may be required at times
Doctor:It may cause problem to your wife
Doctor:Avoid such things and get it done earlier
Doctor:Hope you have followed me
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor