Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Twisted hair growth after hair fall treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi,This is a SOS request. I had very silky beautiful long hairs. I am 30 years old. I used to have normal hair fall problem (
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read the query.
User :   ok
Doctor :   What kind of hair fall treatment was done?
User :   It was homeooathic treatment
User :   homeopathic treatment at a clinic in xxxx(xxx) called Dr Batra's
User :   clinic for hair loss
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms that you have noticed since then apart from the twisted hair?
User :   no,
User :   Dr batra's wanted a thyroid test done when i told then the issue
User :   and the test was normal
User :   So clearly its the treatment that has caused some kind of damage to the hair roots
Doctor :   Do you have symtoms such as vomiting, jaundice?
User :   No
Doctor :   Have you noticed any visual changes?
User :   In what ?
User :   Physically no
Doctor :   I mean have you noticed blurring of vision?
User :   No i got that checked and its 6/6
User :   Its normal
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
Doctor :   Has any one else in the family have similar symptoms?
User :   No. I have always had silky straight hair and most of my family
Doctor :   Do you have diabetes/hypertension/liver disease?
User :   No
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you.
Doctor :   There are a few medical conditions where there can be symptoms such as yours.
Doctor :   But the symptoms are generalised in those condition which includes thyroid hormone disturbances.
User :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   Since you mention that your symptoms are localised to a particular group of hair, it probably appears to be a localised problem.
Doctor :   Are you following?
User :   not very clear
User :   u are suggesting that it is because of thyroid hormonal imbalance
User :   ?
Doctor :   I am sorry.
Doctor :   I shall, repeat my opinion again.
User :   ok
User :   ?
Doctor :   You mentioned that the only a particular group of hair is affected and not the entire scalp hair right?
User :   No, its more or else all over the head
Doctor :   If so, then it probably related to a localised problem and not
User :   but after the last 4 months of biotin and amnio acid tablets its more on the top of the head
User :   but i would say its all over the head
User :   but not every hair
User :   few hair are growing normally
Doctor :   If it is a generalised problem, then the cause could be due to deficiency of nutrition that would be responsible for your symptoms.
User :   about 40 -50% seem to have problem
Doctor :   I would suggest you to continue with the medications and follow up with good nutrition.
User :   The last 3-4 months thats what i have been doing
Doctor :   You would need plenty of vegetables, fruits that are good source of vitamins and copper.
User :   I eat a lot of fruits esp apples and papaya
Doctor :   Since hair is not a vascular structure, it would take time for it to completely heal.
User :   Is there some test that i should take to check if i am failing somewhere
User :   even in the nutrition etc
Doctor :   On an average, 4 to 6 months for recovery.
User :   In the homeopathic clinic they used to give infrared ray treatment with some oil massage
User :   do u think that could have caused some damage to root follicle
User :   Is there some tests that i need to do
Doctor :   There are few indirect test that can be done, which would include complete blood counts, liver function test.
Doctor :   The need for these tests would be best decided after the examination.
User :   IWho would be the right person to show for examination
Doctor :   * after a clinical examination, I mean.
User :   should i give the hair for some lab testing?
Doctor :   You would have to see a dermatologist, a trichologist in specific
User :   i am seeing a dermatologist
Doctor :   If your hair are grossly affected a microscopic examination would be needed.
User :   he suggested zinc this time
Doctor :   Zinc and copper are the two minerals apart from the aminoacids that would be needed.
Doctor :   Hence continue with those pills and support it with good nutrition,
Doctor :   Your symptoms would improve.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor