Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Tumour in right underarm - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   Hello Sir
Doctor :   hello
User :   Good evening sir, this is XXXXXXXX ----------
Doctor :   good evening
User :   I live in ---- I am a 26 years old girl.I am not married
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please fill these details -Occupation: Dependents: Yes/ No
User :   I am a teacher.
Doctor :   ok
User :   I have a problem that i want to tell you.
Doctor :   sure
User :   Since 5 years i have a tumour in my right under arm.Which is very soft and like a small ball.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   has it recently increased in size?
User :   No sir since 5 years the size is same.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it in the underarm or in the breast?
User :   It is underarm.If i wear sleevlees then the tumour is easily visible.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it freely mobile?
User :   And there is no such hard things is present.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it freely moving?
User :   No sir.
Doctor :   is there any pain?
Doctor :   any redness?
User :   I feel mild pian sometimes but not very and not alays.And not so red but being a underarm portion its light pink.

Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   can you tell me roughly what is its size?
User :   Its lika a hockey ball.
Doctor :   ok
User :   So, I want a suggestion from you what should i do?

Doctor :   its most probably a soft tissue swelling
Doctor :   was there any injury to that area?
Doctor :   or any hand infection?
User :   No.Is it necessary to operate?
Doctor :   such swellings donot resole by themselves
Doctor :   for more information on them there's test called FNAC
Doctor :   its called fine needle aspiration cytology
Doctor :   a needle is injected into the mass and substance taken out
Doctor :   and testes to find out what material it is
Doctor :   if its a fat swelling (lipoma)
Doctor :   then it can be either sucked out (liposuction)
Doctor :   or removed with a small cut
User :   I consulted in kolkatas some doctors they suggested nothing should be done.One of them told me that its a tissue of breast.
Doctor :   that depends upon the consistency of the mass
Doctor :   ok
User :   Then FNAC is needed?
Doctor :   is there a swelling like that present on the opposite side too?
User :   no.

Doctor :   if you are planning to get it removed, a general surgeons opinion
Doctor :   or a plastic surgeon's opinion
Doctor :   should be sought
User :   Thank you for your cooperation.Good Night.
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   are you there Kasturi?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor