Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive regular menstrual cycle - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi
User :   my query is regarding pregnancy
User :   im 29 yrs old female
Doctor :   Hi..
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
Doctor :   ok.
User :   m trying to concieve from past 4 months....but so far no luck
User :   i have 30 days regular cycle
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i just wanted to know if there is any way i can find out m ovulating
User :   because so far i never had the symptoms of ovulation which i have read on internet
Doctor :   Ok, I will help you.
User :   so sumtimes i feel if i really ovulate or not
User :   no
Doctor :   May i know if you are suffering from any medical illness.
User :   ok
User :   but for this do have to go doctor
Doctor :   Ok there are testes to undergo for checking ovulation.
User :   or can i do those test at home
User :   ok
User :   n what r those strips called
Doctor :   There are strips available for ovulation testing.
User :   ok
Doctor :   It is called ovulatory test kit.
User :   is it possible that ovulation takes place without pain
User :   ok
Doctor :   And for the infertility problem, both you and your husband need to be tested.
Doctor :   It is unlikely.
User :   no not yet
Doctor :   Had your husband undergone any test.
Doctor :   Like semen analysis.
User :   ok
Doctor :   I think he also should undergo such a test.
User :   what i have read is people with irregular periods might not ovulate
User :   but i have regular cycle
User :   but does that mean
Doctor :   There are other testes also including salphingography to test for tubal patency.
User :   what is tubal patency
Doctor :   Yes there can be sometimes an ovulatory cycles.
Doctor :   There are pair fallopian tubes in the uterus, they have to be patent for conception to occur.
User :   no
Doctor :   Have you visited gynecologist for this problem?
User :   but do u think there are chances of having sum problems wid me
Doctor :   I suggest you to visit and discuss the relevent test to undergo and options of conceiving.
Doctor :   I can not say that now.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Only after investigations we can comment on that.
User :   no thats it
User :   thanx
Doctor :   Is there anything I may assist you.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
User :   ya thanx
Doctor :   If you have any more queries you can write to us at with special attention to Dr. as subject.
Doctor :   You can also send any reports if you have at above mentioned adress.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor