Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive after miscarriage - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   no trying to conceive after miscarriage. had a postive test in december then bleed for 5 days in jan 6 now no period for 20 days now i had a 26 day cycle. but i think i am still pregnant. even though i bleed because i have milkcoming out my boobs and eating loads so i should be 2 months gone but negative test now with no period.??? confused cervix soft closed and high very tight during sex. my partner says so too. boobs are big and dark. ovulation test was negative all month when i thought i would ovulate could i still be pregnant even after bleeding lt month and now i have period 20 days late???
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :  
User :   hi there any help
User :   please
Doctor :   Sure , i will help , let me read your query
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Did you test the urine again in jan , if yes when was that ?
User :   after i bleed i just left it
User :   but then 2weeks after i bleed i thought i was ovulating
User :   but it was negative now no period
User :   for 20 days
User :   and now i have slight cramping but no blood
Doctor :   did you test for pregnancy again ? or is it about the ovulation test you are referring ?
User :   i tested again now cause im 20 days late
User :   now its negative
User :   and i am very confused
User :   my partner and i have sex and it is so tight
Doctor :   i would advice you o go for a blood HCG test done , that is very sensitive and reliable
User :   and my cervix is high soft and tight
Doctor :   the physical signs you are mentioning are typical for a pregnancy
Doctor :   but a positive test is a must
User :   i thought of doing that but i have to wait a month cause i have changed docs and now im just going crazee
Doctor :   you can ask for it by yourself , no need of doctor reference
User :   if i am still pregnant since january i thought it would show up by now and when i did test then i was feeling sick sore boobs everything and got postive now no period and negative test
User :   im on the medical card so i have to wait for a month they sed
User :   i had a miscarriage in august
User :   so we have been trying pretty much everyday
Doctor :   i would ask you to get a HSG this time if this pregnancy turns to be void
User :   i will do another test in two weeks it does not seem like my period will be coming at all
User :   all
User :   but my tummy feels very soft
User :   i am also very constipated
User :   do you think i am pregnant?
Doctor :   the physical signs are typical as i said before
Doctor :   but still i consider to rely on the blood test more than the signs
User :   also i ahve been very constipated for a while now went to docs they sed i should drink lots water and eat balanced meal i did but still nothing i have to wait a month to c docs
User :   i heard ppl can have pcos
Doctor :   try fiber food like oats
User :   and miss a period and not ovulate
User :   ok
User :   thanks
Doctor :   no , PCOS is a less likely possibility
User :   i dont think so either cause i have been ovulating every month and its just now that i have no period
User :   im confused cause i thought a digital test would have picked this up by now
User :   if the blood test is negative what would you suggest i do next should i test for other problems?
Doctor :   the possibilities of a missed period can be pregnancy or even a anovulatory cycle , but less likely PCOS where the conception is itself a question
User :   but with anovulatory do u get cramping and all those symtoms i described? or just no period?
Doctor :   no ,
User :   so it would just be a missed period if i did not ovulate
User :   and i have this milk like substance coming out of my breast they are bigger and darker and the a raised spots on the top of my nipple area like milk ducts i think they call it
User :   its all just so strange or maybe
Doctor :   i do consider
Doctor :   the signs are very typical
User :   but my partner and i hve been having unprotected sex almost everyday
Doctor :   as i said all your doubts will be answered if you get the blood HCG done
User :   i will do that in a months time when i get my new doctor
Doctor :   yes, meantime you can repeat the urine test with good testing kits
Doctor :   sometimes bad or expired test kits do give false results

Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor