Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Septate hymen. Very painful. What is suggested to be done? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:hello doctor
User:I need to speak a gynecological problem
Doctor:Please go ahead I can try to help you
User:Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the last two years
User:I have noticed to have a septate hymen recently.
User:I understand that this reduces the chances of pregnancy and also it is very painful
User:do i need to undergo a surgery to conceive
User:Can u pls suggest a remedy
User:Hello doctor are you there?
Doctor:Did you doctor say that septate hymen cause problems in conceiving
Doctor:It has problems in consummation
User:No but i have noticed my hymen type resembling that of septate. I googled about this and arrived at this conclusion
Doctor:I think you presuming a lot of unwanted things
Doctor:If you are able to have sexual intercourse and able to attain orgasm and not able to conceive you need a specialist to help you
Doctor:An infertility expert to test both the couple
Doctor:If you think of septate hymen you should confirm it
User:should i confirm from a gynecologist and then get a treatment accordindgly
Doctor:If you are having good intercourse for last two year and do not complain unlikely to have a septate hymen
User:every time we have an intercouse it pains a lot and we are not able to have intercourse in a normal position...
Doctor:Did you see a doctor for this?
Doctor:Is your husband complaining too?
User:I am planning to see a doctor now since we are planning for a child
Doctor:Ok I think you should shed your inhibitions and see a doctor to check for septate hymen
Doctor:If there is septate hymen there are simple procedurs to treat
Doctor:the possibility is unlikely though
User:if diagnosed with septate hymen do I need to get admitted in hospital
Doctor:It depends
Doctor:on the extent some can be done as office visit or day care procedure
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:Did you follow what I just said?
User:yes doctor
User:Thanks doctor will an appointment and undergo a consultation with the gynec asap
User:thanki you for the guidance
Doctor:yes please use the dashboard to fix appointment with doctor.
Doctor:All the good health
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor