Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Treatment options for varicocele - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1774 Questions
User :   ww
Doctor :   HI
User :   i have a query about Varicocele
Doctor :   Yes
User :   i want to know the detail about it
Doctor :   It is a condition where the veins in the scrotum becomes dilated and tortuous
User :   ok so what is the treatment?
Doctor :   To get a better picture I need this information--
Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status:
User :   age 30 ,Occ. xxxx,Marital Status. unmarried
Doctor :   Ok,the only definitive treatment is surgery
Doctor :   But it depends on the grade of the varicocoele
User :   its grade 3
Doctor :   Do you have a lot of pain
User :   no very mild
User :   and its not always
Doctor :   Have you been to a surgeon for a physical examination
User :   yes
Doctor :   Have you had a semen analysis
User :   yes i have been
User :   no semen analysis
Doctor :   You need to undergo surgery if your symptoms are causing discomfort, or there is testicular atrophy
Doctor :   Or if there is infertility or abnormal semen analysis result
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   i think i need to undergo surgery because there is discomfort , pain and testis hanged below nornal level
Doctor :   You need to discuss with a urologist for this who will be able to give you the best solution after a physical examination
Doctor :   Is there anything else
User :   which type of surgury you suggest laparoscopy or normal ?
Doctor :   Usually laproscopy has an edge over open surgery
Doctor :   But it requires general anesthesia
Doctor :   So it is not commonly done
Doctor :   Even open surgery is a minute procedure and is a day care procedure
User :   i have consulted two doctors one advocates aparoscopy and other (recent one ) insisting me for open surgery
User :   so i am confused
Doctor :   Did you go to a urologist
User :   he is saying laparoscopy is not very advance for Varicocele
User :   yes both are urologist
Doctor :   That is true.
If you want we can fix up an appointment for you with a urologist in your area
Doctor :   For another opinion
User :   but what u suggest laproscopy or open surgery
Doctor :   Usually open surgery is preferred but since I am a GP the best person to advise you on that would be a urologist who has examined you
User :   can u suggest some good urologist in bangalore
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Our medical team will get back to you, please confirm your contact details
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Please check our homepage for details of urologists in bangalore
Doctor :   I have to close this window as there is no response from your side. Please get back if you need any medical advice.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor