Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Treatment options for congenital phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   DR AAAAAAA here
Doctor :   how can I help you?
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   im 22 years old and cant retract my penis foreskin, and its still attached to the top?
Doctor :   do you have this problem since birth? or has it developed recently?
User :   since birth
Doctor :   ok. then it could be a congenital phimosis
Doctor :   it can be treated
Doctor :   you will ned to meet a urologist to see what is affecting teh retraction
Doctor :   if the cause is small tissue holding skin back, then medicated creams will be prescribed to dissolve it
Doctor :   if the cause is found to be scar tissue or fibrous tissue, then a small procedure will be done similar to circumcision to solve teh problem
Doctor :   do not try forceful manual retraction, it can bleed and make the problem worse
User :   ok, i will go speak to my doctor
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor