Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Treatment options apart from artificial insemination - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you XXXXXXXX .
User :   Hi
User :   AM 28 year old male
User :   Iam married and trying for a kid past 1 year
Doctor :   ok.
User :   recently i took a semen analysis
Doctor :   Any contraceptives that you have been using so far
User :   no
User :   it says sperms are constricted head an d tailess
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details - Occupation: Location: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   and dead cells are: 55%
Doctor :   ok.
User :   Occupation:xxxxx, location:india
Doctor :   Then you will have to go in for Artificial Insemination.
User :   Is this a problem why iam unsucessful?
Doctor :   Does he smoke or have any habits
User :   No
Doctor :   Certainly the problem is with your Husband
User :   Instead of artificial insemination is there any other ways to improve the sperm quality?
Doctor :   could u type in the sperm analysis report
User :   yes
User :   volume: 2 ml
User :   viscosity:normal
Doctor :   ok
User :   actively motile: 30%
User :   sluggishly motile: 15%
User :   dead sperm: 55%
Doctor :   ok
User :   count : 23 millions
User :   pus cells: numereous
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   volume is good
User :   Morphology: some sperms are constricted head and tailess and numereous granules are seen
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   all u need to become is one sperm and egg
Doctor :   u need not worry
User :   Fructose:present
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   count is good
User :   ok
Doctor :   within normal limits
User :   ok
Doctor :   At least 60% of the sperm show normal forward movement.
Doctor :   normally
User :   ok
Doctor :   how long u have trying for baby
User :   1 year
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   have u consulted any fertility expert
Doctor :   as of now
User :   no nt yet
Doctor :   is ur periods regular
User :   yes
Doctor :   once in how many days ur having ur periods
User :   28 days
Doctor :   u need have intercourse in fertile days
Doctor :   to increase the chances of having baby
Doctor :   day 8 to 18 is the fertile phase
User :   Ok we are also following that
Doctor :   u need to have intercourse in these days
User :   ok
Doctor :   from day 8 to day 18
Doctor :   first day being the first day of menstrual bleed
Doctor :   r u able to follow
User :   ok my husband sperm analysis is normal?
Doctor :   any doubts please ak
Doctor :   sperm motility is less
User :   the report also says pus cells are numerious
User :   Any treatments for improving the mortility?
Doctor :   a low sperm count does not always mean that a man cannot father a child. Men with sperm counts below 1 million have fathered children.
Doctor :   it can be due to infection
Doctor :   pus cells or a large number of white blood cells are present, which may indicate an infection.
Doctor :   it needs to be investigated
User :   what type of investigation do they generally do?
Doctor :   testosterone levels, LH, follicle stimulating hormone or prolactin levels and also sample of testicels or biopsy is needed
Doctor :   may be needed for further evaluation if the sperm count or motility is extremely low.
Doctor :   r u able to folow
Doctor :   u can have kids
Doctor :   be positive
User :   ok
Doctor :   please do consult a gynecologist
User :   what specialist should we consult for this problem?
Doctor :   to rule any problems in you
Doctor :   like tube patency
User :   a sex specilist or uroligist
Doctor :   since ur periods are regular
Doctor :   urologist
Doctor :   anything else u would like to know about
User :   ok
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY Mobile : 0000
User :   thanks bye
Doctor :   ideally u need to see a fertility expert
User :   ok
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   u can write to us
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor