Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Treatment of age spots - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   Hi,I am facing black spots(pigments) problem from past 3 years. This is slowly spreading on the entire body spl. face, neck and hands. I feel very bad about this and this is affecting my confidence to go out.I have been consulting doctors since 2 years but nothing has brought result.Many of them say that it may be due to harmonal issues and treatment is very few for black spot that too very less successful. had it been white spot they could have cured. Pls help me what to do.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Doctor, pls suggest me some way to get rid of this problem
User :   hi dr
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   k
User :   i am a 24 yrs old girl
Doctor :   Where are you having these black spots?
User :   it started with
User :   hands
Doctor :   Ok
User :   now on neck n face too
Doctor :   Since how long is it?
User :   3 yrs
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Has the size also increased?
User :   yes
User :   it spreads
User :   1 of d homeopathy doctor said this problem happens 2 married women of above 35 yrs age
User :   anyways no treatment has reduced d problem
Doctor :   These black spots can be due to various reasons as any allergy, hormonal imbalance
User :   ok
User :   what shld i do
Doctor :   It has to be examined and investigated properly.
User :   oh
User :   what to do
Doctor :   Sometimes though hyper pigmentation can also occur due to some trauma that the skin has encountered, such as an infection or a small scratch or as result of a birthmark, these birth marks usually occur in different shapes or sizes
Doctor :   A fresh lemon has a good amount of acid; enough to peel of the topmost layer of the skin. This can help at least lighten if not remove some of the age spots.
User :   i dont think these could be d reason..
User :   1 thing i should share with u that
User :   even my mom has this
User :   problem
Doctor :   Aloe gel or Aloe Vera plant extracts comprise of different vitamins and minerals beneficial to skin. Intake of Aloe Vera juice or applying the gel on the affected areas is an effective treatment
User :   but then it happened 2 her at a 40+ age
User :   k
Doctor :   These seem to be age spots and are hereditary
User :   but i m only 24
Doctor :   Dark spots are mainly related to internal disorders as compared to external factors. Therefore, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and supplement a well balanced meal with moderate exercise
User :   k
User :   is it sth to do with my periods
User :   bcoz it comes 6-7 days early every month
User :   :(
Doctor :   It can be some hormonal imbalance also get yourself investigated
User :   i hv undergone such examination
User :   result ws normal
Doctor :   I am saying for investigations
User :   ok
User :   how to get it dne
User :   ?
Doctor :   Get it examined by a dermatologist and then he may assist you
User :   i was saying that i went for ultrasound n other blood tests for any harmonal issue
User :   but it came normal
User :   can u pls recommend me a good
User :   doctor in XXXX plz
Doctor :   Ok
User :   also, do u know any good aloe vera product in the market
User :   pls let me know
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   You can visit this link
User :   thaks
User :   thanks
User :   also, do u know any good aloe vera product in the market
User :   sometimes itching starts in black spot areas
Doctor :   You can apply "aloe gel "
User :   this is the name of d product?
User :   ok , sure
User :   there r many doctors in the list sir, plz help me in reaching to the best skin specialist
Doctor :   Where do you stay in pune?
User :   magarpatta city
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i hv already consulted nmany doctors till date n this would be my last hunting for the treatment
User :   i m very discouraged
Doctor :   These all are good ones, you can visit the one who is near to your place.
User :   k
User :   any thing you would like to suggest to me?
Doctor :   If you want you can also take an opinion from our panel of dermatologists after sending a picture of yours.
User :   i think
User :   visiting would give them a better
User :   ide
User :   idea
Doctor :   Its your choice
User :   sure
User :   any suggestions?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor