Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Treatment for viral fever - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can i help you?
User :   my son is 9 running fever for over 8 days, has cough
Doctor :  
User :   have takn him to his dr, they said viral...been out of school for 6 days..took him to dr last tues, then on friday, again this monday..still the same there something else going on
Doctor :   please proceed

Doctor :  
viral fever takes minimum of 7 to 8 days for the fever to come down
User :   been having fever anywhere from 99 up to 102...drinks o.k., eating some things..has cough (alot), my daughter is just getting over pneumonia, could he have the same
Doctor :  
and to recover from the viral fever it takes 15 to 18 days
User :   if we start with first day of fever, monday, tues of previous week, went away came back thurs night, so that's about 10-11 days altogether.
User :   what exactly is viral fever...they didn't do any tests how do you know this
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :  
the symptoms is enough for the doctor to say it is viral fever
Doctor :  
and this is what he is expertised at
Doctor :   tests are required on rare occasion

Doctor :  
and if required it will be communicated
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor