Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Treatment for tightness of vagina - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXXXXX here
User :   hi
User :   i had a query regarding sexual problem
Doctor :   How can i help you?
Doctor :   Please proceed
User :   i am 29 yrs old and married for a year - however i have been travelling due to work and have not a grt sex life
Doctor :   Please explain your symptoms in detail
User :   my wife complains of pain and irritation when i try to put my fingers in her vagina
User :   she was not having regular periods for which we consulted a gyno in XXXX and from the last month after stopping the medication it is normal
Doctor :   Is she having the pain from starting? Does she have pain in penetrative intercourse also?
User :   the problem is i havent been able to penetrate inside too much as she starts complaining of the pain
Doctor :   There are various causes of pain as fear, anxiety, vaginismus( tight vagina), vaginitis (vaginal infection)
User :   she is quite well lubricated after foreplay - do i still need to have lubricating gels
Doctor :   Did you ever talk to her regarding this? Is she scared of intercourse?
User :   yes - she is fine - but somehow when i try to insert there is a restriction and i am not able to insert
Doctor :   Sometimes women have good lubrication but their vagina is tightened and you may require lubricants for it.
User :   she has had a polycystic test done also which was normal
User :   is K-Y jelly a good one?
Doctor :   The tests which she had undergone is for seeing the ovaries function as she had irregular periods and there is no corelation with it. Did you tell the gynaec about this problem?
Doctor :   Yes you can use KY jelly.
User :   ya i told her with of course lot of difficulty but she said the pain wud go if she is well lubricated
Doctor :   Due to your travelling job also you may not be having frequent intercourse and that can also be the reason.
User :   yes i am not and feel kind of worried
Doctor :   Was her vagina examined for any tightening or any other symptom?
User :   no
User :   but i am able to insert my finger slowly
Doctor :   Whenever you are together spend more of time having intercourse and do lot of foreplay and lubrication
User :   ok however when i perform oral on her - she gets exited and then kind of has shivers in her legs and feels weak - is this normal
Doctor :   It seems she is kind of scared, try inserting the finger slowly as much as you can and give her orgasm manually so that she is aroused
Doctor :   That means she is having orgasm.
Doctor :   It is fine
Doctor :   Also you can get her examined once by Gynaec to see if vaginal tightening is there
User :   can u suggest a good sexologist whom we can approach in XXXXXXXx- as i too kind of come fast some times even when performing oral
Doctor :   Have you followed what i said?
User :   yes doctor
Doctor :   Are you back?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok you want to meet a sexologist in XXXXXXXXxx
User :   yes i think they might give us a better practical angle
Doctor :   Give me a moment, i will help you
User :   ok can i ask a query for myself?
Doctor :   Yes you can proceed.
User :   i am having leg pain after riding bike to work and back - but when i take rest or not ride the back for 2-3 days i seem to be fine
User :   is this something which needs attention
Doctor :   Since when are you having pain? Is there any particular area which is paining?
User :   below my knee
Doctor :   Since when are you having pain? Is there any other symptom associated with it?
Doctor :   Is the pain periodic or continuous?
User :   i think since 1-2 months and like i said if i ride bike everyday
Doctor :   Did you have any injury or fall?
User :   i cannot stand long like for 20 mins and stuff as i start feeling pain
User :   no not anything major
Doctor :   Are you riding the bike for long distances?
User :   say 20-25 kms daily
Doctor :   It can be due to overuse of muscle, bursitis, tendinitis etc.
Doctor :   It seems like Muscle Strain
User :   is there anyway to strengthen it?
Doctor :   1)Use Hot water bag about 3 times a day on the affected area.
User :   ok
Doctor :   2)Apply Relaxyl ointment 3 times a day.
Doctor :   3)Avoid riding bike for sometime and give rest to muscles.
User :   ok
Doctor :   4)Take Imoplus for pain relief.
User :   ok madam -
Doctor :   5)You can also go for some Physiotherapy exercises which would help in strengthening
User :   for any sexual related concerns i might have wud u suggest me to go to sexologist and get it examined or to a urologist
Doctor :   For your wife related problem you i will advice you to go to gynaec first
Doctor :   As it needs examination
Doctor :   To see the vaginal opening
User :   ok if i have a problem then?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor