Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Treatment for swelling in the scrotal sac - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   My husbands scrotum sack is swollen right where the line is from the penis to the bottom of the testicles. what could cause this ?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   Since when is he having these swelling?
User :   it just started a couple of days ago
Doctor :   Does he have pain?
Doctor :   Does he have fever?
User :   yes it is very sore on his sack
User :   no fever
Doctor :   Did he have similar symptoms in the past?
User :   no he hasn't. he has been battleing bad fluid retention all over his body
User :   he just started a new medicine for diabetes though
Doctor :   May I know his age?
User :   it is called onglyx. he is 48
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Has he been examined by a doctor?
User :   could this new medicine be causing the problem?
User :   he goes to the doctor daily for antibiotic shots
User :   he has not been examined for this particular problem yet.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   The present problem may be unrelated to the drug that he is on.
User :   he is embarresed to talk to the doctor about the scrotum problem
Doctor :   He may be having a collection in the scrotal sac.
User :   what do you mean?
Doctor :   I suggest that he gets examined by a doctor to pin point what the collection is.
User :   what kind of collection are you talking about??
User :   fluid or what?
Doctor :   That can be made out only by a clinical examination.
Doctor :   Probably fluid.
Doctor :   He would need antibiotics and few blood tests along with the examination.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   okay, i guess that answers that.
Doctor :   Do you any other query?
User :   no i don't. thank you for your help
Doctor :   Please fill the feed back form too.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor