Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Treatment for spondylitis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hello
User :   Need help n
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
User :   Hello doctor
User :   My concern is abt back pain
User :   right below neck
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when are you having this problem?
User :   i am havin this for long time
Doctor :   how long?
User :   i tht its a sprain
User :   1or 1 1/2 year
Doctor :   ok
User :   not daily
Doctor :   ok
User :   it comes once in 2 months
Doctor :   have you taken any medications for this?
User :   No not yet
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   I went to a ayurvedic dr
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   nowadays
User :   i have pain shoulders too
Doctor :   have you gotten an xray done?
User :   its pinchin pain
User :   no
Doctor :   it could be spondylitis
Doctor :   i suggest that you get an xray done
User :   k
Doctor :   also sleep without a pillow under your head
Doctor :   for acute pain use cold packs
User :   ok
Doctor :   to relieve it
User :   cold packs?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   dont use hot water
User :   k
Doctor :   as it may irritate the nerves further
User :   k
User :   ayurvedic dr said it is an issue with nerve
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   in spondylitis
Doctor :   there is nerve compression
Doctor :   thats why you get the tingling sensation
User :   n it mite be because of beating which i got long back
Doctor :   in your hands
User :   k
User :   how to cure it permanently
Doctor :   it has to be given rest
Doctor :   physiotherapy
Doctor :   you need to consult an ortho surgeon
User :   k
Doctor :   anything else?
User :   thanx a lot
User :   bye
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor