Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Treatment for skin rashes and allergies - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Good Evening sir.
User :   have a few queries about my health
Doctor :   Good Evening. Go ahead with ur query
User :   I am 31 years old and 6.2 tall
User :   and weigh abt 95 kgs
User :   am I over weight and if so to what extent
Doctor :   We have a A Nutritionist/dietitian. She will take your personal food habists and write down on paper and calculate calories and then she will make changes to your diet and send it in email
User :   ok
Doctor :   You only have to request on line for Dietary consulation
User :   fine
User :   sir...have another query as well
Doctor :   Nutritionist advice is more personal and useful.
Doctor :   ok go ahead.
User :   I have had a history of developing skin rashes and allergies all of a sudden. This has been happening atleast in the past 2 years on a regular basis
User :   while the same subsides within few becomes difficult especially when I develop it while in office
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Can u describe the rash
Doctor :   Does it subside in few hurs
Doctor :   Are u there?
User :   ya it does subside within 4-5 hours
Doctor :   Sudden onset and sudden disappearing rash is called Urticaria
Doctor :   due
Doctor :   it is due to allergies to some thing
User :   ok
User :   this usually results in the swelling of certain parts of the body....the face in particular (eg: lips, eyes) besides severe itching and redenning of the skin
User :   i had gone to a skin specialist who had prescribed ZYCET - L and it is found to be very effective
Doctor :   What diagnosis he said?
User :   however on conducting blood test there was no food allergic symptoms detected
Doctor :   I am chatting with other patients plz be pt
User :   ya...i am
Doctor :   I think the rash is from allergies
Doctor :   It comes suddenly so it must be allergic
Doctor :   When the itching is severe you can avil tab daily
User :   ok
Doctor :   You to avoid allegen
Doctor :   You can also get the patch test
Doctor :   \this is done by dermatologist
User :   ok
Doctor :   They put different allergen on skin and test for which u have allergies s
User :   thanks dr...
User :   for your support and advice
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor