Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Treatment for skin infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Hi Doctor,
In between my butt on either side there are some swelling and it discharges pus sometimes. Tried anti fungal/biotic creams for more than 2 months but no use. Sometimes it becomes small and in a few days will grow again and start discharging pus.
Any advice?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here
User :   hi doctor
Doctor :   let me read what you have typed
User :   ok
Doctor :   when are your symptoms?
User :   it started 6 months back
Doctor :   ok. do you mean to say there are nodules like small swelling on either side of bottocks?
User :   since then it i am suferring from it
User :   yes
Doctor :   or do you mean to say that there are present near anal opening?
User :   either side of bottocks
User :   it is not curing completely
User :   when one goes another one come
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   have you tried any oral antibiotic medications?
Doctor :   have you got them examined by your doctor?
User :   not yet
User :   is there any solution for this?
Doctor :   I would recommend an examination to be done by a doctor to see if there are nodules associated, or if it is due to fissure , or if there is ischiotubular abcess
Doctor :   each of these will have different line of treatment
User :   ok
User :   do you recomend anybody?
Doctor :   i would suggest you to be examined by a general surgeon
User :   ok, i thought of a demetologist
Doctor :   it is usually attended by a general surgeon first, as the extent needs to be established
User :   ok
Doctor :   if the infection is found to be suferficial and not deep requiring any surgical procedure
Doctor :   then you will be refered to a dermatologist
User :   its suferficial only
User :   each one last for a week
User :   and then goes
Doctor :   since pus in discharging, the examination only will be conclusive done by a doctor/general surgeon
User :   and another one comes in another polace
Doctor :   the exact cause needs to be determined as I have explained earlier
User :   pus not always
Doctor :   as the line of treatment will vary in each case
User :   ok, then i will consult somebody directly
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor