Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Treatment for sexual organs swelling and abdominal cramps - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   I have abdominal bloating with the feeling that all my female organs are swollen and sometimes hurts to sit down if i sit down to hard/fast. I have a dark discharge that looks like old blood and sometimes after abdominal cramping i will have a dark jellylike discharge and then the abdominal cramping will stop but the bloating may continue. I also sometimes have a nausated feeling after sex sometimes. I have had this problem for 10years, after the birth of my last child and tubal ligation. I have seen numerous doctors with no results. Please help!
Doctor :   HI,
Doctor :   Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Have you got a USC scan of the abdomen ?
Doctor :   USG*
User :   I have had an ultrasound and they said everything was clear.
Doctor :   ok, Do you have white discharge ?
User :   No only dark blood discharge. and yellow discharge the week before my period
Doctor :   May i know your age ?
User :   39
Doctor :   Do you bleed soon after intercourse ?
User :   Also I am now more concerned because my mother died last february with ovarian cancer.
User :   No bright red blood just dark colored discharge
Doctor :   Do you mean its altered blood ?
User :   Not always after sex... It happens all the time... dark colored old looking blood.
Doctor :   ok, May i know your weight ?
Doctor :   and height ?
User :   140 and I am 5'7"
Doctor :   ok, thats fine, have you ever experienced sudden weight loss or gain ?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok, Have you got a PAP smear done ?
User :   Yes and good results
Doctor :   Do you get fever intermittently ?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok, the commonest conditions that produce such a type of discharge are , candidiasis , uterine fibroids and endometriosis
User :   ok so how are they treated? and how do you find out which one?
Doctor :   well bigger fibroids can be made through USG scan but smaller ( intramural ) ones need MRI scan to be visualized
Doctor :   treatment for symptomatic fibroids would be by excision and some times hysterectomy
Doctor :   and the other two are made out by cervical smear study
User :   what is usg scan
Doctor :   Ultrasound scan ( ULTRASONOGRAM)
User :   ok so would my mother having ovarian cancer concern you ?
Doctor :   not much , though the genetic heredity is expressed in ovarian and cervical cancers its least expressed, i would think of it being the last cause
Doctor :   and moreover you have symptoms since 10 years which is less likely to be cancer
Doctor :   very unlikely to be malignant cancer
User :   so how do i go about getting a doctor to find this and fix it?
Doctor :   MRI scan is the first step
User :   thank you!!!
Doctor :   and then biopsy HPE ( histopathology ) or a DNC smaple would be second
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor