Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Treatment for rash near vaginal area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hi i have a question. I went walking a few days ago in the extreme heat. I was wearing denim jeans and when i got home i noticed i had a raw rashy area between my legs and up close to my vagina area. What is that? How do i treat it?
User :   i'm twenty years old
Doctor :   what are you occupied as?
User :   i'm a student
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it the same for the past 1 week or has it improved?
User :   i got it saturday and it has improved slightly
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so you had no rash before that?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   this could be irritation or an allergic reaction
Doctor :   some thing similar to diaper rash in children
User :   it kind of looks like a diaper rash actually
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so you wear some loose dress the one that does not irritate
Doctor :   maintain hygeine
Doctor :   keep dry
Doctor :   did you get that?
User :   ok. is there any ointment or powder i should be using?
Doctor :   prilox , it anasthetises and has soothing effect
User :   ok thank you so much
Doctor :   2.5 % ointment apply directly to the skin
Doctor :   please fill the form and say when done
User :   ok i'm done
User :   thanks again
Doctor :   is there any thing else that i can help with?
User :   no that'll be all
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor