Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pimples in vagina - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
User :   I had my second child three months ago, within the past two weeks ive noticed some small hard white lumps that have appeared on my vagina. I have no further symptoms. I have been with my husband for eight years, we are both monogamous so i am not concerned about std's
Doctor :   HI,
User :   Hello
User :   nice to meet you...
Doctor :   Nice to meet you too
User :   are you able to answer my question?
Doctor :   yes,
Doctor :   Are the lesions filled with any fluid ?
User :   no, ive tried to squeeze them and nothing comes out.
User :   they are hard
Doctor :   are they painful ?
User :   when i try to squeeze them it hurts a bit, but other than that no pain at all.
User :   no other symptoms either (ie-vaginal discharge, etc.)
Doctor :   Ok, Was your Pubis hairs shaved during child birth ?
User :   My husband and I decided to use a condom a few weeks ago as i wanted to give my birth control awhile to take effect, i was wondering if it was some kind of reaction to the condom or the lubricant on the condom. We have not used condoms for several years, and i was always sensitive to them, although never noticed any lumps or anything.
User :   no- i had a cesarean section.
Doctor :   could be a allergic reaction or a more common folliculitis
User :   i just googled some photo's of the folliculitis, it looks quite similar.
Doctor :   as i expected
User :   Are the bumps found with folliculitis usually hard?
Doctor :   initially hard , but they may evolve into pus filled later
User :   what would have caused this?
User :   and what should i do for treatment?
Doctor :   any kind of allergic reaction or bacterial infection would be the cause
Doctor :   i suggest you to get examine by a gynecologist
Doctor :   if the bacterial infection is confirmed then you may need to be put on antibiotics
User :   Okay. I had what i believe was the same thing several years ago (10 years) after shaving, the doctors diagnosed it as herpes which i knew was not possible (i had never had intercourse at that point)
User :   does it often get mis-diagnosed as herpes?
Doctor :   yes,
User :   also, i assume if for some reason i had contacted herpes, i would have had some sort of outbreak. i know you can go months without an outbreak, but 9-10 years?
Doctor :   you are right
User :   is it common for this to be on the vagina
Doctor :   yes, any hair growing concealed skin is more prone
User :   okay, if it were herpes, they would look like blisters, then popping turning into lesions correct?
Doctor :   yes, with lot of redness surrounded and filled with either blood or clear fluid
User :   okay, definately not herpes then.
User :   Thank you for your assistance, i feel much more relieved.
User :   i see my doctor on thursday, so i will have her do an examination.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor