Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Treatment for peptic ulcer - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Peptic Ulcer
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
User :   Im worried about my abdominal pain,Im 34 years old female and I have pain in my abdomen.It seems like it is in the stomach and going through my back.It has started 2 weeks ago and i went to my doctor.He said he does not think that this is pancreatitis or cancer or ulcer ,but I want to get second opinion.I have long term heart burn and I use antacid (zontac if you know it),but doctor prescribed me Protium 40 mg tablets,and said that it will be stronger.I started using them 3 days ago and the symptoms went away but now they came back .I streached in bed today morning and the pain came back and now i can't even take a full breath.It isn't severe but it is discomfort .I had my gall blader romoved 3 years ago because of the gall stones.Would you have any idea what it is?
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
User :   Im writing on behalf of my friend
User :   would you have any idea of what it may be?
Doctor :   hold on
Doctor :   It could be Gastric Ulcer or Duodenal Ulcer or severe GERD
User :   what stage could it be?
Doctor :   I recommend you to have UGI studies followed by Endoscopy of esophagus, stomach duodenum
Doctor :   Untill that that time use Protium 40 mg two times aday which is maximu dose . Use it 2 pills for 15 day then 1 pill afterwards
Doctor :   If you have severe abdominal pain now u can go to Er
Doctor :   and CT done
User :   but doctor said once ,you sure i can?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor