Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 675 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   what is the drug of choice for pelvic inflammatory disease?
User :   I am expereiencing lower abdominal pain, having vaginal discharge
Doctor :   The drug of choice is decided based on the organism and not the disease
User :   what is the be3st treatment doc?
User :   how will i know the organism?
Doctor :   How did it start
Doctor :   and since how long?
User :   3days now
Doctor :   The organism is known by culture of the vaginal discharge
User :   do i have to request it?
Doctor :   Ok you should see a doctor who can put you on broad spectrum cephalosporins and then get the result of the culture
Doctor :   to change to a specific antibiotic
User :   then what's the best way to relieve the pain for niow?
Doctor :   you can take any over the counter NSAIDS in your place
Doctor :   like Ibuprofen
User :   is flanax okay?
User :   Naproxen i mean
User :   naproxen sodium for pain
User :   ?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   But it is a prescription medicine
User :   any suggestion on whAT SHOULD I DO?
Doctor :   Check up first
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor