Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Treatment for paraphimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi,I have a condition where in the Penis has this tight phimotic ring making it difficult to retract the foreskin
Doctor :   Hi
User :   i hope you have seen my earlier response
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   i was not sure... I noticed this only couple of years back
User :   I didnt know it was kind of a problem.
Doctor :   Was the fore skin completely retractable earlier?
User :   nope
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   yes. its 28
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   i have not had any sexual intercourse
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you.
Doctor :   The condition is known as phimosis.
Doctor :   Foreskin is attached to the base of the penis and is normally present in all the males.
Doctor :   It is some times tough in certain individuals.
Doctor :   It can be treated by surgical methods, a procedure known as circumcision.
Doctor :   This procedure is a must if you find problems with sexual intercourse.
User :   is there any method without surgery ?
Doctor :   Most often, the structure can break away during first sexual intercourse.
Doctor :   However on certain occasions, it may not and the only option, then would be circumcision.
User :   I have read on the Internet saying, it can be cured by antibiotics or retracting exercises.
Doctor :   Antibiotics are not useful for your present condition.
User :   this is the exact condition am facing. XXX
Doctor :   Retraction exercises do not completely solve the problem.
Doctor :   I have seen the picture.
Doctor :   Do you have problem retracting the fore skin or pushing back the foreskin to its original possition.
User :   i cant retract it fully.
Doctor :   Since there is a band present, it can be corrected by surgical method alone.
Doctor :   I would suggest you to consult surgeon who can examine you and help you with this problem.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   yes, I understand.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   Can i go to any urologist and ask for the cure ?
Doctor :   The procedure can be performed by an urologist and if you do not find one a general surgeon is the alternative.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   No.. That is it
Doctor :   Please fill the feed back form too.
User :   but I wouldnt go for a circumcision anyway.
Doctor :   The condition you have is known as paraphimosis.
Doctor :   The condition needs surgical procedure, if you find problems during sexual intercourse.
Doctor :   If you do not have any problems during sexual intercourse, then surgery is not absolutely necessary.
Doctor :   So if you are not opting for surgery, you can wait.
User :   Okay. Shall wait and watch.
Doctor :   If you do not have any symptoms now, then you can wait and watch till your first sexual intercours.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   yes.thank you.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   Can i ask you any questions related to dental ?
Doctor :   You can proceed.
User :   Can I ask you any questions related to Dental ?
Doctor :   You can proceed.
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor