Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pains after an intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   im having aches and pains since having sex with my wife ,im also not long out of hospital i had an infection in my intestines,so i was run down and my immune system weak i wonder would this make me more susceptable to some infection from my wife
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   here*
User :   hi
Doctor :   The aches and pains could be due to stress
Doctor :   May i know for what reasons are you visiting hospitals often ?
User :   i dont think so i was feeling fine since i left the hospital,and up until we had sex
Doctor :   yes, as the intercourse is a stressful event , it would have triggered
User :   im not visiting hospital often i was just there once recently for an infection in my intestines
Doctor :   ok, May i know when was it ?
User :   mid december
Doctor :   ok, Are you on any medication now ?
User :   no medication
User :   i have felt fine for a couple of weeks since leaving hospital
Doctor :   ok, Were you put on antibiotics during the infection?
User :   yea i was
Doctor :   Ok, The medications there would have made you week as many of the medications use up the vitamin reserve in the body for their digestion and render you easily fatiguable
Doctor :   and over that the intercourse involves physical stress hence you experiencing the problems
User :   i understand that but i was feeling good for a while and since we had sex it feels like i have a new infection the symtpoms are strong and im urinating alot
Doctor :   Ok, Can you please elobrate the symptoms ?
Doctor :   Also may i know your age gender and occupation ?
User :   pains in my joints,stomach,red eyes,urinating alot,kind of how i felt when i went to hospital with the original infection,but havent got pain in my intestines again,im 29 and work as a carpenter
User :   male
Doctor :   ok,Do you run high temperature ?
User :   i dont think so no,have cold feet
Doctor :   Do you have burning sensation or pain while urinating ?
User :   i dont no,i have slight diarrhaea too
Doctor :   ok, May i know how many episodes of loose stools do you have per day ?
User :   once a day the past couple days ,twice today
Doctor :   ok, Are the stools watery ?
User :   not really that bad no
Doctor :   ok, I think this time its not the infection , but the low energy levels and the post hospitalization stress you are going through
Doctor :   i can advice you some home remedies to combat this
User :   well this is something i think has happened before i was in hospital too so im wondering could i be getting like a urinary infection or something
Doctor :   I will tell you
Doctor :   urine infection presents with low urination frequency and burning pain during urinating
Doctor :   And any infection in the body will surely present with fever , fever is the main marker and indicator of infections specially urine infection
User :   ok what about a yeast infection i have been treated for candida before and wonder if i have passed it to her and in return back to me
Doctor :   the excess urination you have can be attributed to cold weather now and even stress , as both do reduce the water storage by inhibiting the anti diuretic hormone,
Doctor :   That can be a possibility , as stress to some extent can make you susceptible for infections
Doctor :   Have you examined your oral cavity and the genitalia for the yeast infection ?
Doctor :   Are there any while curdy plaques in the oral cavity and the genitalia ?
User :   i havent no what exactly should i be looking for and is it possible for my wife to have it and not be showing symptoms
Doctor :   the commonest symptoms in an yeast infection is fever and urethritis , in females severe itching in the vagina with white curdy discharge
User :   no she is not showing symptoms,and i havent any besides the symptoms i told you about plus an itchy oral cavity which i know can be signs of yeast problems
Doctor :   yes, it could be
Doctor :   Washing with an antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE will surely prevent an overt infection in the oral cavity
User :   and what you think about the internal symptoms i have been feeling,i read that baking soda can be good for yeast problems/minor infections
Doctor :   I do not think it will help , as its a gas forming chemical , it could provide momentary relief from pain , but i am not sure about its actions on the yeast infection
Doctor :   pain = intestinal pain*
User :   ok so what do you suggest
Doctor :   Ok, I would advice you to gargle the CHLORHEXIDINE solution thrice a day after food , rendering your oral cavity safe from yeast and other bacterial infections
Doctor :   and look yourself for white curdy plaques over the genitalia specially over the glans penis
Doctor :   also get your wife examined by a gynecologist to rule out yeast infection
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   Take Multivitamin supplements which will restore your energy levels required to perform basic chemical reactions in the body
Doctor :   Ad go for good energy drinks , have atleast two per day
User :   yes ok thank you
Doctor :   Perform aerobic exercises
Doctor :   thy will help you to alleviate fatigue
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Include green vegetables in foods, avoid spicy foods
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor