Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Treatment for painful lump in the armpit - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   i am 15 years old and have a painful lump under the skin of my armpit.
Doctor :   ok,
User :   i am a girl and all the websites tell me i might have mono
Doctor :   no, i think of folliculitis
User :   what is that?
Doctor :   infections and inflammation of the hair follicle
User :   does it go away on its own?
Doctor :   no , you have to be examined and put on antibiotics
User :   is there anything else it could be?
Doctor :   if not the infection worsens and the lesion can get filled with pus and become painful
User :   so i should go to my regular doctor?
Doctor :   yes,
User :   there is nothing else it could be?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor