Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pain in the testicles - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 677 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer yo
User :   hi! for 3 app 3 weeks i've been having some aching in the area around my testicles. it isn't a severe pain. on a scale form 1-100 (where 100 is excruciaiting pain) i'd say 3 or 5. sometimes it is a numb pain, sometimes it 'stings' a bit. but again. it comes and goes. sometimes there are days without this somewhat unpleasant feeling - sometimes hours. i've tried examining that area (i'm not a doctor of course). i can't feel anything swollen - or any lumbs or anyting on my testicles. my own guess is, it seems related to working out / exercise. the pains started around the same time i went for a really intense run in the hills (much more intense than my usual workout routine - my legs were sore for days). i've tried to avoid physical exercise since i started relating the groin pain to exercise (since it feels like it makes it worse; one day doing a hard yoga pose i could feel it in the groin) i googled these symptoms - and it seemed a lot of people with similar sounding stuff talk about hernia? should i worry? should i see a doctor? or is this just a sprain of a sort? or something completely different? thanks :)
Doctor :   hi,
User :   hello
Doctor :   Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
User :   sure :)
Doctor :   Are you sure there is no swelling in the scrotum ?
User :   pretty sure yes.
User :   and also
User :   it feels sore.. but when i try to touch the area, i doesnt really hurt when i touch it.
Doctor :   Do you feel fullness when you have pain ?
User :   what does fullness mean?
Doctor :   Heaviness
User :   no.. i wouldnt say so
User :   again it isnt really a pain more an unpleasant feeling
Doctor :   Ok, then the dull pain you are having is due to filling up of the epidydimis with the testicular secretions
User :   ok - is that bad?
Doctor :   not at al
Doctor :   its normal
User :   ah. but is it realted to sex?
User :   i mean
Doctor :   only you need is to express the secretions
User :   i had sex yesterday?
Doctor :   no,not directly related to sex
User :   still the ache is there?
User :   ah. so not related to ejaculation?
Doctor :   no, you may have to increase the frequency of ejaculation
Doctor :   by masturbation
User :   ok.. but in the past 3 weeks (where the ache has been there) i'd say i have ejaculated maybe 1-4 times a week in average? should this be enough?
Doctor :   yes, thats fine it would be better if it is 3 to 5 times
User :   ok. so just so i understand it correctly: User :   it is normal sometimes in life to experience a dull pain like this - du to these fluids piling up
User :   once i increase the masturbation / ejaculation frequencie
User :   to 5 times a week it should disappear?
Doctor :   yes,
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   if we have more time - i jsut have a fw more questions?
Doctor :   yes, please proceed
User :   when should i expect this to be over? and: can i work out as usual?
Doctor :   yes, you can work out , and with increasing the frequency of ejaculations i think by a month or two your problem would be solved
User :   ok! that long! but - this only goes as long as there isn't any swelling, correct? if i discover there is anything swollen, i could be something else?
User :   and btw - it is nly in the left side, does that make a differnce?
Doctor :   yes, you are right
Doctor :   if swelling appears you may have to rush to a surgeon to get examined
User :   i see. where should i look for this swelling - and how big would it be? in that case could it be hernia?
Doctor :   yes, it could be hernia or Orchitis
Doctor :   I see you moved out of the chat window
Doctor :   please log in back to complete your query
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor