Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Treatment for pain in eyes after contact lens - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   My right eye is hurting. It's red and the lower lid hurts. The eye has become smaller in size. I have used "ikool" eye drops. it does not seem to work. what do i do? and white fluid keeps coming out of my eye.
Doctor :   HI
User :   Hello!
User :   Im Female,age-24years
User :   Im having difficulty staring at the computer screen.What could the problem be?
Doctor :   I am reading ur query
User :   Suddenly, today in the afternoon,my eye started hurting,especially the lower lid
Doctor :   It looks like u have eye infection
Doctor :   It called conjunctivitis
Doctor :   You need antibitic drops in both eyes
User :   After I put the eye drops, the redness went away....
User :   It's just hurting a lot right now
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Did you get hurt in eyes
User :   no i didn't..
Doctor :   Is there any foreign body in eyes
User :   I was wearing contact lenses
Doctor :   You can use Voveran eye drops for pain
User :   i have been wearing contacts for the past 5 years
Doctor :   OK
User :   Is it an OTC medicine?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   anything else that i should do?
Doctor :   I recommend you consult eye specialist becuase you are using contact lenses and had the infection
User :   If it is conjuntivitis then do i need to use any other eye drops?
User :   ok
Doctor :   You need eye examination
Doctor :   That will solve the whol eproblem
Doctor :   *whole
Doctor :   He will give you antibiotic drops and pain medicines and lubricant dsrops
User :   Is using eye drops enough because i work full time and am having a very hectic schedule this week
Doctor :   In contact lens users, bacterial infections are common
User :   oh
User :   If i use Voveran,will it have immediate effect?
Doctor :   If you have eye infection especiallyn with ur contact lense use , i defintely prefer eye specialist
Doctor :   it is just pain killer
Doctor :   it relieves pain but does not treat the infection
User :   what other medicated eye drops can i use?
Doctor :   Please get the physical examination done by the doctor and know his
provisional diagnosis and get back to us on chat so that we can assist you
better. I say this in the best interests of you.
User :   alright but for tonight will voveran do?
Doctor :   yea
Doctor :   Did I answer your questions?
User :   ok,I'll go to an eye specialist tomorrow..
User :   yes, you did!
Doctor :   Very good decision
User :   Thank you so much!
Doctor :  
Thank you for consulting us
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor