Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Treatment for ovarian cyst - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   On the 21 September I had a HSG test. Since then I have not had a period. So I completely missed one period and now I am due again to have another. I have done many pregnancy tests and these are also negative.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   28
Doctor :   May I know about your menstrual history?
Doctor :   When was your last menstrual period?
User :   33 day cycle, off pill for 12 months\
User :   never missed a period
Doctor :   When was your last menstrual period?
User :   started 13 september ended 16 september
User :   hsg on the 21 september
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms such as pain abdomen, increased frequency of urination, discharge per vagina?
User :   pain in abdomen, almost as if I'm ovulating on left side. Nothing else, no sore nipples or anything
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this pain?
User :   its not a consistant thing, almost as if bloated
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have history of other medical illness such as diabetes/thyroid problems/pcod's?
User :   absolutley nothing, ovulating, tubes were clear and my doctor tested for PCOS and all came back clear
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor/evaluated for the present symptoms?
User :   not yet..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   please
Doctor :   There are multiple reasons that can cause menstrual irregularities, the reasons can vary from
Doctor :   psychological factors such as stress to infections to local problems.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Stress factors, infections, anaemia, hormonal factors, thyroid issues, ovarian cysts, uterine pathologies such as fibroids are few of the commonest factors.
Doctor :   Since you seem you to have abdominal crampy pains, and the menstrual irregularities, you will need evaluation to look for local uterine or ovarian pathologies that may be responsible for the present problem.
Doctor :   Hence my suggestions are that you consider consulting a gynecologist for physical examination,
Doctor :   you may need physical examination, blood tests(hormonal work up) and if needed an ultrasound scan.
Doctor :   In the mean time, consider few life style modification such as
Doctor :   proper sleep, increased nutrition with plenty of vegetables, fruits and iron rich dietary products,
Doctor :   drink plenty of water and so on.
Doctor :   If all other tests and analysis are normal, you may need ovulation inducing drugs or contraceptive pills to regulate your menstrual period.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   No that was great, thanks heaps, I thought you would say all of that.. I've been researching quite a bit.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor