Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Treatment for micro penis in teens - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
User :   My son is 15 years old and has a micropenis. How to go about it. How the normal size can be gained and advise the speciality of the doctor who can cure this.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   luteinizing hormone 2.85, follicle stimulating hormone 2.66, prolactin 7.47, free test 2.22
Doctor :   Since he is 15 years its not advisable to diagnose micopenis now
Doctor :   he needs to be 18 for it
User :   what is the right age
Doctor :   18
Doctor :   as the penis grows up to the age of 18
User :   consulted one endocrinologist and he has put him on Inj sustanon 100 mg 1/4th am i/m 3 weekly since 16/11/2010. what r the side effects
Doctor :   hence wait till 18 if the size do not improve by then he should be consulted to a urologist and a sexologist
User :   what abount his puberty
Doctor :   he is still in his puberty
Doctor :   may i know how is facial growing ?
User :   which doctor should i consult for second opinion - endocrinologist or urologist . can u suggest a seasoned doctor for that in mumbai
User :   facilal growth is manly but the only issue is with the size of his penis
Doctor :   a combined opinion of urologist and sexologist is needed to rule out the cause of endocrine abnormality
Doctor :   do not worry , he is well in his puberty
Doctor :   its common for the penis to be late in attaining the adult size
User :   free testosterone is 2.22,
Doctor :   the growth can be expected till 18 to 20 years of age
Doctor :   thats a goos reading
Doctor :   good*
User :   Bone age test (L-Wrist AP & L Elbow AP): bone age is more than 11 years and less than 16 years. Why this test and what it means.
Doctor :   this test is done to know the general growth
Doctor :   and the report is normal
User :   he is in Jammu. Is the problem so serious to call him to mumbai to get further consultation.
Doctor :   no,
User :   I may be offending, but may I know your background and speciality to gain confidence.
Doctor :   do not worry as i said give some time
Doctor :   I am a General Physician, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   should we stop Inj Sustanon.
Doctor :   Sine when is he on this injection and may i know why was i put on it ?
Doctor :   he*
User :   Suggested by an Endocrinologist at Jammu under his treatment since Feb'09. Inj started from 16/11. only one dose given so far. what r side effects.
Doctor :   side effects include more masculine characters like over grown facial hair and pubic hair
Doctor :   tough muscular body
User :   he is my nephew and in jammu. is it workable if i can consult specialized doctor suggested by you with all the reports and prescriptions.
Doctor :   yes, i think its not advisable giving testosterone injections when the blood level is normal
Doctor :   hence consult the specialists i advised and then go by there opinion
User :   any names please
Doctor :   Please give me a minute
Doctor :   May i know where in Mumbai you reside ?
User :   chembur, but distance is no issue, i need best treatment
User :   FT3 : 3.73, FT4: 1.07 & TSH 7.28, dihydrotestosterone: 299.6
User :   shoul ejaculation start at this age
Doctor :   The above doctor is one amongst the best i know
Doctor :   yes, ejaculation would have been started by now
Doctor :   as you say small penis size then sure he would have problems with it
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   please proceed
User :   should we go for the second dose of sustanon after 3 months.
Doctor :   i think you have to consult the specialist before the injection
Doctor :   i see there is no need of the injection when the blood levels of the hormone are pretty fine
User :   dr. mokashi is endo or urologist
Doctor :   he is an urologist , but also he has endocrinologist working in the same set up
Doctor :   you will be able to consult both at a time
User :   you have given too much confidence
User :   thanks........
Doctor :   do not worry , its not a serious illness
Doctor :   and for sure it will resolve on its own
Doctor :   but its better to consult before going for any hormonal medicines
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
User :   good
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor